Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 5:51:08 PM EDT
I just bought a portable compressor with the Bostitch SX150 Narrow crown nailer and 50' of hose for $60 at a yard sale, all in working condition.

Can I use this to install baseboard in my remodeling project?

Michael
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
A brad nailer is usually used for trim work.  Leaves a tiny hole to fill. the crown nailer is kinda large for trim.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a damn good buy.

I've been remodeling a house where staples were used on a lot of the mouldings and trim.  It's VERY tough to pull stapled materials apart w/o breaking or cracking them, much tougher than it normally is when finish nails are used.  I have a new respect for the holding power of staples.

As long as you're painting the baseboard I don't think it'll make a difference if you have to putty and sand over a countersunk staple or a finish nail.  Stained trim would be different.

Brad nailers seem a little light to me for trim - I use a 15 guage angled finish nailer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I was impressed with the deal.  I would have rather had a brad nailer, but I couldn't complain for the price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top