Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 5:10:02 PM EDT
I got my A$$ jacked by paypal Friday.  I received some funds for some accessories (russian scope and a holster).  Then I paid for a bronze membership here on Arfcom.  I received a hate-mail from them telling me I was in violation of their usage policy.  I called them to explain that I had received and sent funds for nothing that violated their usage clause and I was told  the following  "  Sir even if you sell a pencil on a website that sells things that violate the usage policy you are in violation"  Okay.  I'll be closing my account. ( You anti-gun F@#kers!)
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to say i told you so.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
With all the press out there about PayPal's stated policies and plenty more about their "alleged" unethical, fraudulant, inconsistant and deceitful behavior; it's a wonder any one uses them to hold or transfer funds.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I closed out two weeks ago after the last member got hosed by them!

Made them sent me a check for the balance too! $00.32

NICE
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
So you violated the usage policy by renewing your membership ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting.

Before too long they are going to have a 6 point policy much like the one with the Kevin Bacon Theory.

If a site is related in any way within 6 points of their policy, it will be a violation
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Send them a care package to their corporate offices, accounts section, filled with nice ripe steamy dog shit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#8]

I used Paypal to pay for my Bronze membership ... must have been Nov 05.  No issues.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So you violated the usage policy by renewing your membership ?

They stated its because I received money for "questionable items"  But the email was sent the day after I applied and sent payment for a Arfcom membership.  The other transactions happened a month earlier?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
The hassled you for buying a membership here?

Unreal.

www.paypalsucks.com

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#11]
WOW PayPal has never ever said anything to me for selling or buying and I buy and sell alot here and other forums like Glock talk. Hell I just order components from Midway and Grafs this weekend with my paypal account
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I closed out two weeks ago after the last member got hosed by them!

Made them sent me a check for the balance too! $00.32

Hahaha, that just cracked me up. Good one tc6969.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The hassled you for buying a membership here?

Unreal.

www.paypalsucks.com

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't understand why anyone who is progun would support these fuckers.  Find out who they like to give money too if you don't know already.

The reason I don't buy and sell on ebay is paypal.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh man, I guess I'm in BIG trouble then....

I got an RCBS powder measure off of EBay, and I....I....<gulp> paid with Paypal.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Oh man, I guess I'm in BIG trouble then....

I got an RCBS powder measure off of EBay, and I....I....<gulp> paid with Paypal.

F$#K them!  Enjoy your reloading gismo!  Rant.....Rant....Rant....Stomp....Stomp....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#17]
It's really damn shame there was no way we could file a class-action suit against these maggots.

Picking and choosing who they will allow us to do business with?  That's downright communist!

It's not like we're buying and selling stolen guns and cocaine...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top