Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 11:15:28 AM EDT
I am looking for a program to add lettering and arrows pointing to things to photos for work. I need something that easy to use, short learning curve. I don't need alot of bells & whistles. Presently I have a very old (10+ yrs) version of Photoshop. Its not very handy. What does everyone here use to add writing & such to the photos they post here? Thanks zeek
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Well GIMP is not too bad once you get the hang of things (WinGIMP for Windows users) and the price is unbeatable. It can do raster & vector graphics and can do quite a few of the things that Photoshop can, and saves in gif, png, jpeg, eps, psd +other formats. All you have to do is download it; all up it's about 11 megs to download (WinGIMP program + GTK package).

All my paid-for software is getting rather old; I have Paint Shop Pro 7 and Photoshop 7 - both about four years old now. Of those two, I prefer Paint Shop Pro for quick jobs, but it can't handle the big file sizes or complex stuff that Photoshop can.
.....Photoshop still costs a bundle, but I saw the current verison of (Corel's) Paint Shop Pro on sale after Christmas at a local retailer for $60 after rebates, normally it's around $90.
~
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Drop the photo into Paint, and draw your arrows.

It's already in your computer, Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top