Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 11:09:17 AM EDT

... or do they make you go to the hub/depot, like they do for firearms now?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:17:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Free bump.  After reading your question more carefully, I realize that when I shipped some last year, it was from their main depot in Seattle, not from one of the strip-mall locations.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No.  The UPS stores cannot accept hazardous materials.

Before someone chimes in, small arms ammunition is considered a hazardous material even when reclassed as ORM-D.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  The UPS stores cannot accept hazardous materials.

Before someone chimes in, small arms ammunition is considered a hazardous material even when reclassed as ORM-D.

Thanks!

I JUST got back from the grocery store - which has a UPS Store attached to it - so I went in and asked, and they said the exact same thing.

For ammo (and other hazardouse ORM-D stuff) they want you to go to the main location.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Curious piggyback on DK-Prof's thread: Do they get hinky about things like upper receivers?

I personally like UPS and have had no problems with them. I'd like to use them for an upcoming project if at all possible.

TIA
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Curious piggyback on DK-Prof's thread: Do they get hinky about things like upper receivers?

I personally like UPS and have had no problems with them. I'd like to use them for an upcoming project if at all possible.

TIA

BATFE says uppers are not firearms. Ergo, "machine parts".
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

BATFE says uppers are not firearms. Ergo, "machine parts".

EXCELLENT, I was gonna put "metal parts" but I like Machine just as well!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't think those UPS stores are really owned by UPS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They're even bigger asshats than UPS.......
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're even bigger asshats than UPS.......

They used to be "Mail Boxes Etc." and entered into some joint deal with UPS - just like Kinko's and FedEx have done.

I don't know if UPS actually owns them, or they are franchieses or still really Mail Boxes Etc under a new name.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Around Christmas I went to a UPS-Mail Boxes Etc store to ship a bottle of wine.  They refused but the real UPS place took it without any hesitation.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I went to a UPS Store in WI back on September and shipped 400 Rnds 9mm & 20 Rnds .308 with no problems, this was one of the small UPS stores and defintly not a hub. I walked in with a Walmart bag full of ammo and they helped me pack and ship it. Expensive as hell but they still shipped it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

TIA

I've mailed AK parts kits.

But all they knew was I had a box with $300 for machine parts

Hell I also mailed a gun at the UPS store.  I had a prepaid label and just dropped it off and said thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#13]
UPS stores are not owned by UPS.

I hate UPS stores, because I am a Driver for UPS and I have to pickup at a UPS store on my route...they are ASSHATS to the extreme.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
UPS stores are not owned by UPS.

I hate UPS stores, because I am a Driver for UPS and I have to pickup at a UPS store on my route...they are ASSHATS to the extreme.

To clarify:

You cannot be a franchise and be independent...

While UPS technically does not own each UPS store they de facto make the rules how and what the stores can ship. So UPS is responsible for a lot of their asshattery

The UPS Store

World Class Services
Mail Boxes Etc., Inc., a UPS company, ranks as the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal and business services. In 2003, most locations of Mail Boxes Etc. in the U.S. and Puerto Rico became The UPS Store®. Today there are more than 3,900 U.S. locations of The UPS Store.

In 2005, Entrepreneur® magazine's annual "Franchise 500" rated The UPS Store #5 among all franchise opportunities and #1 in the postal and business services category for the 15th consecutive year.

All locations of The UPS Store are independently owned and operated by licensed franchisees of Mail Boxes Etc., Inc., an indirect subsidiary of United Parcel Service, Inc.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I've shipped ammo from a UPS store plenty.  1 day I shipped 5k of .308!  They seem to know what's in there and have never said a word to me about it...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#16]
UPS sux. I tried returning some crappy TAPCO ammo I bought from them ( a whole CASE of the crap) and UPS wouldnt ship it. I told them "You shipped it to me in the first place! Now you cant ship it back?" Nope, so I was stuck and still am with a dusty hid in the corner crap case of .308

No more UPS, no more Tapco.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
UPS sux. I tried returning some crappy TAPCO ammo I bought from them ( a whole CASE of the crap) and UPS wouldnt ship it. I told them "You shipped it to me in the first place! Now you cant ship it back?" Nope, so I was stuck and still am with a dusty hid in the corner crap case of .308

No more UPS, no more Tapco.

Caveat emptor!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top