Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 8:07:08 PM EDT
At a gunshow a while ago i fondled a revolver but i can't remember its name .  It had a short barrel (maybe an ince or two) but long cylinders.  It came with two 5-shot cylinders.  One of them was for .410   shells and the other I can't remember.   The gunshow guy said it was originally designed for the military but it wasn't picked up. It felt fairly sturdy.   It had a funny color --maybe a grayish green if my memory serves me right.

Does it sound familiar to anyone?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
thunder 5
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thunder 5?

ETA: Beaten by TRH
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thunder 5?

www.lesjones.com/www/images/posts/Thunder5.jpg

You guys are godlike.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You are godlike.  Thank you.

that's what she said
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thunder 5?

www.lesjones.com/www/images/posts/Thunder5.jpg

You guys are godlike.  Thank you.

Actually, we use this trick called "Google".

I typed ".410 revolver" in the magical box and SHAZAM!... I found the Thunder 5.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
name it Jim
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
name it Jim

Oooo, yeah. Then at the range you can blast the hell out of targets, then look at your revolver and say, " It's dead, Jim."

CO
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
name it Jim

Oooo, yeah. Then at the range you can blast the hell out of targets, then look at your revolver and say, " It's dead, Jim."

CO

"Damn it, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a marksman!!"
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone ever shoot a thunder 5?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Why isn't anyone furiously waving the dupe flag?!  Someone was asking about this about 3-4 months ago!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#11]
It was chambered in .410 and 45 long colt.
never got to shoot but kinda want one for shits and giggles,
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:05:18 AM EDT
[#12]
just like the one used in the moive 3 kings
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Taurus is offering a similar revolver soon it would appear. Check here:

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=4410TKR2SS&category=Revolver
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=4410TKR2SS&category=Revolver

ok that showed us alot of info wow  |]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:26:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Jeebus, can you imagine the flame coming out of that barrel.

I love it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:07:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

All better now

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:13:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok that showed us alot of info wow  |]

It's more than you had before I posted it Okie

Anyhoo, one of these days I need to learn how to make a link active,,,
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:30:08 AM EDT
[#18]
No sights on it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#19]

thank you to all.

I found the site that sells them new.  www.thunder5.com/docs1.html

They also sell a cylinder for 45/70.  That was the extra cylinder that I saw at the gun show  that really made me excited. It looks like it was a deal at the gun show -- 525 with the extra barrel.  

The Taurus looks nice, but the snubbie nature of the Thunder 5 is attractive.

Anyone shoot one?  I'd also appreciate if some  strong search-fu could find and post the older thread.  thanks.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
thank you to all.

I found the site that sells them new.  www.thunder5.com/docs1.html

They also sell a cylinder for 45/70.  That was the extra cylinder that I saw at the gun show  that really made me excited. It looks like it was a deal at the gun show -- 525 with the extra barrel.  

The Taurus looks nice, but the snubbie nature of the Thunder 5 is attractive.

Anyone shoot one?  I'd also appreciate if some  strong search-fu could find and post the older thread.  thanks.

it doesn't matter how strong your search-fu is if your member-fu is non-existent.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:59:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Why isn't anyone furiously waving the dupe flag?!  Someone was asking about this about 3-4 months ago!

3 to 4 months ago??????

Only a DUPE NAZI would would call this a Dupe..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
it doesn't matter how strong your search-fu is if your member-fu is non-existent.

A fair and legitimate comment.  But I must pay other bills first. Where once I didn't have membership because I was cheap, now I dont because of a new wife and baby.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3 to 4 months ago??????

I think he was being [ron white]SARCASTIC[/ronwhite]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

3 to 4 months ago??????

I think he was being [ron white]SARCASTIC[/ronwhite]

I know that. But it helps keep them away..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A fair and legitimate comment.  But I must pay other bills first. Where once I didn't have membership because I was cheap, now I dont because of a new wife and baby.  

well, since you were reasonable and all I did a search for you.

No topics found, although I didn't search for "ugly ass revolver"
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, since you were reasonable and all I did a search for you.

No topics found, although I didn't search for "ugly ass revolver"

Thanks for the sympathy search. True, it is ugly, but there is something about it that I fund appealing.  Its the "ugly girls" that really put out -- errrr or so I've heard.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#28]
we had a thunder five that was brought in on a trade at the range. The owner said the company closed after slick willie decided to add it to the destructive device list....

we also had two of the new taurus' . they don't last long in the case.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#29]
We've got one.  It's a neat little pistol.  We keep it loaded up with .410 and carry it when we're doing some tractor work or fishing at the hunt club.  It works wonders on snakes.

I've tried some light 45LC loads in it and is shot ok.  Not super accurate, but good enough. It's so heavy that recoil is nothing, even with  the shot shells.  There is a little groove on the top of it with a fixed notch/post sight setup.  With the .410 you can just "point shoot" snakes to about 10ft.  Works for me.

Here's a ghey pic of mine that I took for the "tactical shotgun pic" thread.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.  I'll try to answer them for you.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
We've got one.  It's a neat little pistol.  We keep it loaded up with .410 and carry it when we're doing some tractor work or fishing at the hunt club.  It works wonders on snakes.

I've tried some light 45LC loads in it and is shot ok.  Not super accurate, but good enough. It's so heavy that recoil is nothing, even with  the shot shells.  There is a little groove on the top of it with a fixed notch/post sight setup.  With the .410 you can just "point shoot" snakes to about 10ft.  Works for me.

Here's a ghey pic of mine that I took for the "tactical shotgun pic" thread.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Chrissopher/Bersa_w_light.jpg

If you have any specific questions, let me know.  I'll try to answer them for you.

CHRIS

thanks for the review.  I think I'll pick one up if i get the opportunity.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
related post
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=33&t=24483

Imagine that -- we were already talking about it in the REVOLVER forum.  Who would have thunk it.

Seriousy, Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
we had a thunder five that was brought in on a trade at the range. The owner said the company closed after slick willie decided to add it to the destructive device list....

we also had two of the new taurus' . they don't last long in the case.

DD, eh?  I am incredulous.  I'll do so more checking on that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#33]
yeah, thats how it was explained to me. and the reason why the company went out of business. Could be wrong though  

ETA, i could very well be wrong...looks like they are being sold brand new from HERE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top