Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 5:30:23 PM EDT
"Meanwhile, the Miami-Dade Police Department expects to offer its officers the option of carrying a rifle that looks like a shotgun by early next year."

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Remington pump rifle most liely. There's one being marketed specifically for law enforcement. 223 cal and takes AR mags.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought so. I posted about it in the Armory section
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
remington 223 pump action rifle?
www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Dammit, you beat me!

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
They say it is for female officers that can't handle the recoil of a 12ga.  I say if you can't shoot a 12ga. you shouldn't be a fucking cop.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]
"A rifle that looks like a shotgun." Real informative, right there. That a quote from your local paper?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They say it is for female officers that can't handle the recoil of a 12ga.  I say if you can't shoot a 12ga. you shouldn't be a fucking cop.

god damn straight. Ive been shooting a 12ga since I was 9....keep in mind I weighed less than 100 Lbs when I was a freshman in HS and I was about 13 then....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit, you beat me!

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/vanilla_gorilla911/m7615.jpg

so, did TAPCO buy out remington?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit, you beat me!

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit, you beat me!

Remington contacted the leading design engineers from Tapco for the idea
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#11]
To the person who wrote that and the person that allowed it on the air or allowed it to be published:

"Nowhere in your rambling, incoherent message did you make any sense whatsoever. We are all now dumber for having heard or read this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

ETA: Post 410...hehehe (sorry, still a noob)
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yeah, that's exactly what it is.

A 12 gauge and a patrol rifle have very different applications. Both make useful and effective tools in an officers patrol responsibilities.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Numba ten!

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A 12 gauge and a patrol rifle have very different applications. Both make useful and effective tools in an officers patrol responsibilities.

If it's not going to replace the shotguns, why don't they just use ARs.

ETA. I'm not trying to be an A-Hole, just wondering if there is a real reason or if this is just another stupid ass idea from a liberal police dept.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering the same thing. The pump rifle seems like a solution in search of a problem.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EBR's scare the sheep, just what the poiticos of a place like Miami want to avoid any semblence of. A pump rifle that looks like what you'd take to go hunting is MUCH less likely to create news articles throughout the country talking about how the police look so "military".

Edit: A pump rifle in 223, in most law enforcement applications, will serve just as well as an AR similarly equipped with sighting features.  Only occasionally will there actually be a civilian situation where the auto is especially favored. I guess in those particular situations, the Miami cops are just SOL.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EBR's scare the sheep, just what the poiticos of a place like Miami want to avoid any semblence of. A pump rifle that looks like what you'd take to go hunting is MUCH less likely to create news articles throughout the country talking about how the police look so "military".

Because looks are everything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit, you beat me!

Wow. That's snazzy.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
"A rifle that looks like a shotgun." Real informative, right there. That a quote from your local paper?

Ah, the biting wit of Swindle1984.
Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Gotta love the fact that the WHOLESALE cost is 600 fucking bucks one of these damn "rifles"
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#21]
If I'm going to be stuck with a pump rifle I'd much rather have a 760 Carbine in .308.  I mean, I guess it takes AR mags, but is a 30 round mag really that big of an advantage to somebody with a pump?

Bonus points to the first guy who puts a Beta C-Mag on one of those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top