User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/7/2006 4:39:25 PM EDT

www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/01/06/nf-moose060106.html

Man to serve two months for 'heinous' snowmobile attack on moose

Last Updated Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:04:38 EST
CBC News

A man from Newfoundland and Labrador has received a two-month prison term for charging a moose with a snowmobile and killing it with an axe.

Anthony Norris, 25, of Trinity committed a "horrendous and heinous act," according to provincial court Judge Gloria Harding.

Wildlife investigators said they received a tip days after the moose was killed in March 2005, when a group of people drove snowmobiles and ATVs to a party at a cabin near Indian Bay.

When a moose wandered onto the groomed path, Norris plowed into it several times with his snowmobile until its hind legs were broken, said investigators. Norris then jumped on top of the animal, which put up a struggle to escape.

People in the group decided the moose should be put down because of its injuries. Norris then killed the moose with an axe.

He was convicted of harassing wildlife with a snowmobile and hunting big game without a licence.

After serving his time, Norris will be on probation for two years and be prohibited from hunting for five years.

The judge also ordered Norris to seek counselling.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good call.

"When a moose wandered onto the groomed path, Norris plowed into it several times with his snowmobile until its hind legs were broken, said investigators. Norris then jumped on top of the animal, which put up a struggle to escape."

He is an idiot.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
pre-ban snowmobiles are lethal. ban them

did you say an axe?

way too sharp ...ban them too

party?....having fun...ban that also

WTF is the charge ..killing?   or harrasing?...they don't seem to know

I order the Judge have some counselling.

Taffy

An accident....man puts animal out of misery...the end!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]

He was convicted of harassing wildlife with a snowmobile

I'm just laughing at the fact that is an actual crime. Everyone that posted about running over critters with our vehicles in that thread awhile back would probably be serving prison sentences in Canada right now  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
what a dick. i dont understand people who think it is funny to hurt animals just for the sake of hurting them. they are just a click above pedophiles to me. i am an avid hunter and shooter BTW. just to minimize any PETA accusations.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

An accident???  I don't see hitting the moose several times as an accident!

Go back and read the article.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm just laughing at the fact that is an actual crime. Everyone that posted about running over critters with our vehicles in that thread awhile back would probably be serving prison sentences in Canada right now  

It has to be on purpose. If it was illegal to hit an animal with your vehicle in Canada EVERYBODY would be in jail.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Norris plowed into it several times with his snowmobile until its hind legs were broken, said investigators

Ahhh it must be true....investigators said so

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#9]
That must be one badass snowmobile. I call BS. An 1200lb moose would crush a snowmobile.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Norris plowed into it several times with his snowmobile until its hind legs were broken, said investigators

Taffy

Sound reasoning there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what a dick. i dont understand people who think it is funny to hurt animals just for the sake of hurting them. they are just a click above pedophiles to me. i am an avid hunter and shooter BTW. just to minimize any PETA accusations.

+1

i've taken my fair share of animals, but i still think that there's something seriously wrong with someone who will torture an animal for fun.  i don't think 2 months is anywhere near enough for that sick fuck...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I read a story about a guy who was cruising down some highway in Alaska on a motorcycle at night, he slammed right into the side of a calf moose crossing the road at about 55 mph or so.  After he came to a stop, laying on the pavement, he watched the calf screaming in pain.  Just as the thought "I wonder where the mother is?" the cow moose showed up, understandably pissed.  The mama moose stood over his head, raised up her front hooves, and broght them down on his helmeted head, trying to squash it like a grape.  I thought that was pretty intense, but fuck, that was an accident.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That must be one badass snowmobile. I call BS. An 1200lb moose would crush a snowmobile.

That moose wanted to die, might have been old and sick and was committing suicide by snowmobile. Guy might have been doing him a favor.

We had a sick deer do that once to my brother. Was following my brother out from the treestand and walked right up to him when he stopped walking. Deer could hardly stand up and was wobbling, nothing but skin and bones. He shot it and we called a state wildlife biologist to come pick it up for testing.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Taffy

Do you have some reason to disbelieve them?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I wonder if alcohol was involved?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Nevermind the moose-vs-snowmobile (those are those tracked things with the skis on the front, right?) I'm amazed that someone closed on a LARGE wounded animal with an axe!

GT
AZ Native--I've only seen snow in pictures...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't understand why someone would wnat to do that, sick.  Just absolutely stupid.  I'm an avid supporter of hunting and shooting, but there is absolutely no place for that kind of twisted behavior.  Should have received a stiffer sentence.

cya
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That moose wanted to die, might have been old and sick and was committing suicide by snowmobile. Guy might have been doing him a favor.

yeah, because we all know that when an animal wants to die, it just looks for a snowmobile.  all moose know that snowmobile riders will ram them repeatededly without hesitation and then finish them off with an axe
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#19]
How the hell do you hit a 1200 pound Moose with a snowmobile without it knocking the shit out of you?
If he ran into it once breaking it's leg or legs dispatching it with what ever means possible was right. If he was trying to inflict injury with the snowmobile. Then he is a real dumb fuck and a darwin candidate.
I have hit animals with a vehicle and finished them with a hammer or tire iron but they were not intentional.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Taffy

Do you have some reason to disbelieve them?

nope

and no reason to believe them them either.

My father told me
Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

Done me well so far.

Taffy

Have you heard about vertical underwater bumpfiring?
It killed most of the underwater opperatives because the bullets came back down with so much force....it's true....honestly. I know a friend who's brother is special forces and they have special underwater clips for their semi auto M16's
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#21]
You folks ever tried to move a ton of stubborn critter??

I have. It aint easy.

Sometimes critters decide that they are bigger than you, and that they aren't going to get out of your way. Critters the size of a moose (ever seen one up close??) who display such an attitude are dangerous.

Many a rancher or farmer has hit a cow or a bull with a 4 wheeler. Sometimes when they misbehave the surest way to put them in their place is to ram them with a 4 wheeler and knock them down the hill. If they are still scrappy after that you can use the 4 wheeler to run them until they are too exhausted to give you problems.

If that sounds harsh or cruel, then you don't know a darn thing about cattle.

If this moose was obstructing the path and refused to move, hitting it with the snowmobile is a good plan. Doing this at low speed doesn't always work, as I have seen a bull throw a 4 wheeler back a few yards and then prepare to charge the 4 wheeler. The only real solution is to go faster and knock the snot out of the bull. (Who still weighs more than the 4 wheeler and rider put together....)

If you do this incorrectly you can injure the animal. A cow's legs are short enough that a hit from an ATV will hit major mass and do little damage. A moose, however, has long legs and if you hit one with a snowmobile you might just break that leg.

So why use an axe to dispatch the animal? In the absence of a firearm, what else are you going to use?? A good axe blow to the head will at least knock the moose out so it won't feel much.

Bottom line is that there is probably more to the story than most realize. It is possible that the guy in this story was out of control and went off on the moose without any good reason, but it is more likely that there are reasons not mentioned in the story.

By the way, a moose once bit my sister. Mind you, moose bites kan be pretty nasti...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
How the hell do you hit a 1200 pound Moose with a snowmobile without it knocking the shit out of you?

The same way you hit a 2,000 pound bull with a 4 wheeler without it knocking the sh*t out of you. You use the vehicle carefully. A snowmobile going 20 MPH imparts a lot of force on an animal that is standing still. Even a big critter will feel it when 600 pounds (400 pound ATV, 200 pound man) slams into it at 15 MPH.  

Just make sure you don't flip yourself off doing it.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

No it wouldn't.

No more than a 2,000 pound bull would crush an ATV. A big powerful animal like that can move an ATV or even flip it, but they most likely won't be able to break it beyond repair.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have. It aint easy.

Sometimes critters decide that they are bigger than you, and that they aren't going to get out of your way. Critters the size of a moose (ever seen one up close??) who display such an attitude are dangerous.

Many a rancher or farmer has hit a cow or a bull with a 4 wheeler. Sometimes when they misbehave the surest way to put them in their place is to ram them with a 4 wheeler and knock them down the hill. If they are still scrappy after that you can use the 4 wheeler to run them until they are too exhausted to give you problems.

If that sounds harsh or cruel, then you don't know a darn thing about cattle.

If this moose was obstructing the path and refused to move, hitting it with the snowmobile is a good plan. Doing this at low speed doesn't always work, as I have seen a bull throw a 4 wheeler back a few yards and then prepare to charge the 4 wheeler. The only real solution is to go faster and knock the snot out of the bull. (Who still weighs more than the 4 wheeler and rider put together....)

If you do this incorrectly you can injure the animal. A cow's legs are short enough that a hit from an ATV will hit major mass and do little damage. A moose, however, has long legs and if you hit one with a snowmobile you might just break that leg.

So why use an axe to dispatch the animal? In the absence of a firearm, what else are you going to use?? A good axe blow to the head will at least knock the moose out so it won't feel much.

Bottom line is that there is probably more to the story than most realize. It is possible that the guy in this story was out of control and went off on the moose without any good reason, but it is more likely that there are reasons not mentioned in the story.

By the way, a moose once bit my sister. Mind you, moose bites kan be pretty nasti...

I've seen moose compared to men, and I'm just thinking this guy must have had a set of brass balls the size of basketballs to attack this fucker with a snowmobile and an axe...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I wonder how many people get that little joke...

I've seen moose compared to men, and I'm just thinking this guy must have had a set of brass balls the size of basketballs to attack this fucker with a snowmobile and an axe...  

Bull moose can be very agressive critters indeed. I have seen criters that size literally DARE you to try and do anything. They can get real territorial and dangerous when they get that way. Odds are that this moose was used to humans being around, and had figured out that he was a lot bigger than humans were. When a bull figures out that he is stronger than you, you have to get rid of the bull. He will get territorial and attack you if you don't.

That is the beauty of the ATV. If you use one properly you can make 2,000 pounds of angry beef so scared of you he pisses himself every time he hears it start up.

If the guy in the story was familiar with critters like this, he was probably trying to make the moose move along rather than just going berzerk and charging a moose minding its own buisness.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
People who torture animals should be locked up.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If this was indeed torture, sure.

But how often does the press report a story properly?

Some citified wuss sitting behind a desk has no clue why anyone would drive at a moose with a snowmobile.

Those of us who have lived the more rural life understand exactly why someone would do such a thing: Because the moose was stubborn and unafraid of people.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I have. It aint easy.

We had cows on some property at one time and the farm truck beat to hell from pushing them around. On some hunting property we lease now the wild hogs will block the road and I have had to just drive through them slowly like a plow to get by. Other times just step out and shoot one or fire a shot and they will scatter. An old roommate of mine had a bunch of stories about problems clearing trails of wildlife in Alaska when he was stationed there, sometimes they just won't move.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

+1000
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

i've taken my fair share of animals, but i still think that there's something seriously wrong with someone who will torture an animal for fun.  i don't think 2 months is anywhere near enough for that sick fuck...

+1000

Quoted:

I'm originally from Canada, but Fish & Game anywhere in the U.S. is notoriously devoid of any sense of humor when it comes to breaking any game laws.  I've had them practically crawl up my ass looking for anything that was remotely illegal.  An example:  in NH it is illegal to have a loaded rifle in your car.  A friend of a friend was 10 miles back in the woods on a logging road.  He went back to his car to get lunch after hunting all morning.  He leaned his loaded (5 round magazine/empty chamber) rifle against the car.  F&G show up and arrest him for the loaded rifle against the car.  Simple as that.  

Chasing any wild animal with a motorized vehicle more than qualifies for 'harassing' (pick up your state game law booklet and you can read the definition of 'harassing').  If that incident were to happen in NH then Fish & Game would confiscate the snowmobile and you wouldn't be getting it back.  There would be a big fine and you'd be looking at felony animal cruelty charges.  In fact, Florida also has felony animal cruelty laws so that means no more guns, forever.  Link to state by state:  www.lisaviolet.com/cathouse/cruelty.html.

I was picked (lottery) for a moose hunt a couple of years ago and it was an amazing experience.  I've killed many animals and did so humanely.  There is no room for the type of behavior that idiot showed.      
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Interestingly enough, that is exactly how the good folks at PITA feel about you. (and every other hunter)

I'm not in any way anti-hunting, but killing it with an AX seems more sporting than with a gun.  As long as he intended to eat his kill, it doesn't sound that much more cruel than normal hunting.  In fact, getting run down, and chopped with an ax is probably perceived as a more natural death by the moose. Like a wolf attack.

Just playing Devils Advocate.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I don't understand why someone would wnat to do that, sick.  Just absolutely stupid.  I'm an avid supporter of hunting and shooting, but there is absolutely no place for that kind of twisted behavior.  Should have received a stiffer sentence.

cya

Funny how some asshats think that hurting/maiming a living being that you aren't going to eat is fun! Personally, I'd like to see some of them fuck with a moose, grizzly, or a bull elk without hiding behind a mechanical contrivance. Animal 1, Asshat 0.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
We had cows on some property at one time and the farm truck beat to hell from pushing them around. On some hunting property we lease now the wild hogs will block the road and I have had to just drive through them slowly like a plow to get by. Other times just step out and shoot one or fire a shot and they will scatter. An old roommate of mine had a bunch of stories about problems clearing trails of wildlife in Alaska when he was stationed there, sometimes they just won't move.

Indeed.

I was in a friends field that doubled as a rifle range. We were trying to clear the field so we could shoot but his bull stared me down. He started pawing the ground. I pulled out my .45 and put a bullet right beside his foot.

The bull didn't even flinch.

I switched to my AR-15 as the bull advanced on me. I dumped 10 quick rounds out of the magazine to try and scare the bull off.

It still didn't turn away. It was not afraid of my puny little weapons.

Thankfully my rifle fire slowed him down enough for me to make it to the 4 wheeler and get out of there before he could charge me.

When my friend found out what happened, he was pissed off. He got a 20 guage shotgun and fired a load of light birdshot into that bull's backside from 40 yards away. (Not enough to do the bull any serious harm...) That bull lit out through that field kicking his heels a good 7 feet in the air.

From then on he moved when we went to fire guns in that field.

People who have no clue how animals work might think that shooting the bull with a shotgun was harsh and cruel. But those of us who have been around critters long enough realize that when one defies you, you better kill the animal or teach it a serious lesson quick. Otherwise you can end up getting hurt real bad.

Cattle are stubborn, stupid creatures. Moose are related and they are every bit as stubborn as their tamer cousins. You don't screw around with a moose.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#34]
That is a funny story
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Funny how some asshats think that hurting/maiming a living being that you aren't going to eat is fun! Personally, I'd like to see some of them fuck with a moose, grizzly, or a bull elk without hiding behind a mechanical contrivance. Animal 1, Asshat 0.

Again, there may be a lot more to the story than has been reported in this little article.

Eyewitnesses always think the action is drastic, especially the wastes of oxygen that the reporters always seem to interview.

Ever heard the eye witness to a police shooting?

"He shot that poor man 5 times! Why did he have to shoot him so many times???" you read in the paper.

The poor man is a mentally disturbed individual who was wielding a machete which he had already used to slash the officer to the point where the officer required surgery, but you don't read that in the paper. You just hear this dunderheaded woman ask why the big ol' mean cop had to shoot this poor crazy guy 5 times.

Well, ma'am, because the nutcase didn't stop trying to kill the officer the first 4 times he was shot!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
That is a funny story

Hey mack, what are you in for??

I charged a moose and then killed it with an axe.

I don't think folks in prison will mess with him.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If this was indeed torture, sure.

But how often does the press report a story properly?

Some citified wuss sitting behind a desk has no clue why anyone would drive at a moose with a snowmobile.

Those of us who have lived the more rural life understand exactly why someone would do such a thing: Because the moose was stubborn and unafraid of people.

With all due respect, the guy was convicted.  Yes, the reporter may have fugged up the story but it would be hard to do because the trial is public record.

If the moose is on the snowmobile path, you wait for the moose to leave.  It's that simple.  The law is crystal clear on that.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed.

I was in a friends field that doubled as a rifle range. We were trying to clear the field so we could shoot but his bull stared me down. He started pawing the ground. I pulled out my .45 and put a bullet right beside his foot.

The bull didn't even flinch.

I switched to my AR-15 as the bull advanced on me. I dumped 10 quick rounds out of the magazine to try and scare the bull off.

It still didn't turn away. It was not afraid of my puny little weapons.

Thankfully my rifle fire slowed him down enough for me to make it to the 4 wheeler and get out of there before he could charge me.

When my friend found out what happened, he was pissed off. He got a 20 guage shotgun and fired a load of light birdshot into that bull's backside from 40 yards away. (Not enough to do the bull any serious harm...) That bull lit out through that field kicking his heels a good 7 feet in the air.

From then on he moved when we went to fire guns in that field.

People who have no clue how animals work might think that shooting the bull with a shotgun was harsh and cruel. But those of us who have been around critters long enough realize that when one defies you, you better kill the animal or teach it a serious lesson quick. Otherwise you can end up getting hurt real bad.

Cattle are stubborn, stupid creatures. Moose are related and they are every bit as stubborn as their tamer cousins. You don't screw around with a moose.

No shit...Bullwinkle is a bad MoFo!! He will stomp a smoking mudhole in your ass if you ain't careful!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
With all due respect, the guy was convicted.

Yes, but people are convicted of BS charges all the time. Especially in "animal cruelty" cases.

Yes, the reporter may have fugged up the story but it would be hard to do because the trial is public record.

You underestimate how stupid reporters are.

If the moose is on the snowmobile path, you wait for the moose to leave.  It's that simple.  The law is crystal clear on that.  

If the moose is behaving in a threatening manner, it isn't that simple.

Big critters who are used to seeing people sometimes get agressive.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#40]

When a moose wandered onto the groomed path, Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked it several times  until its hind legs were broken, said investigators. Chuck Norris then jumped on top of the animal, which put up a struggle to escape.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

When a moose wandered onto the groomed path, Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked it several times  until its hind legs were broken, said investigators. Chuck Norris then jumped on top of the animal, which put up a struggle to escape.

That's a total lie.

Chuck Norris would not have to roundhouse kick a moose.

Chuck Norris would simply have to stare at the moose and it would spontaneously burst into flames.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
[

Quoted:

I'm originally from Canada, but Fish & Game anywhere in the U.S. is notoriously devoid of any sense of humor when it comes to breaking any game laws.  I've had them practically crawl up my ass looking for anything that was remotely illegal.  An example:  in NH it is illegal to have a loaded rifle in your car.  A friend of a friend was 10 miles back in the woods on a logging road.  He went back to his car to get lunch after hunting all morning.  He leaned his loaded (5 round magazine/empty chamber) rifle against the car.  F&G show up and arrest him for the loaded rifle against the car.  Simple as that.  

Chasing any wild animal with a motorized vehicle more than qualifies for 'harassing' (pick up your state game law booklet and you can read the definition of 'harassing').  If that incident were to happen in NH then Fish & Game would confiscate the snowmobile and you wouldn't be getting it back.  There would be a big fine and you'd be looking at felony animal cruelty charges.  In fact, Florida also has felony animal cruelty laws so that means no more guns, forever.  Link to state by state:  www.lisaviolet.com/cathouse/cruelty.html.

I thought it was funny that there was a specific law about harrassing an animal with a snowmobile, not the actual act of him being cruel to an animal. As far as Fish and Wildlife goes I have had different experiences in Florida over the last 20 years, all have been fairly lenient and friendly for minor violations. I do usually try to make it a practice NOT to break the legs of animals with motorized vehicles or kill them with axes so maybe that is why I have had good experiences so far

Thanks for pointing out the Florida has animal cruelty laws to me however, we were planning on setting some kittens on fire tomorrow but I guess I'll just go play golf instead
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I thought it was funny that there was a specific law about harrassing an animal with a snowmobile, not the actual act of him being cruel to an animal. As far as Fish and Wildlife goes I have had different experiences in Florida over the last 20 years, all have been fairly lenient and friendly for minor violations. I do usually try to make it a practice NOT to break the legs of animals with motorized vehicles or kill them with axes so maybe that is why I have had good experiences so far

Thanks for pointing out the Florida has animal cruelty laws to me however, we were planning on setting some kittens on fire tomorrow but I guess I'll just go play golf instead

If I see a police officer I don't even bat an eye.  But I see a Fish & Game officer and I break out into a cold sweat.  It's a totally different experience up here with them.  They very much go by the book and do not give any slack whatsoever.  I don't have a problem with that since I go by the book as well.    
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Quoted:

Just drop those kittens off at the house. I'll throw them in the fire pit along with the ones I was planning on smoking.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#45]
sig check...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I was pointing it out more because it is considered a felony.  But I know what you mean.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#47]

With all due respect, the guy was convicted. Yes, the reporter may have fugged up the story but it would be hard to do because the trial is public record.

Not much experience with court cases?  I wouldn't be surprised if the man attacked a flock of geese with a broom and the investigators lied to the journalists.  When you know what really happened, it's interesting to notice that local papers are almost always wrong.  They only print the crap the police feed to them or the most ridiculous quotes the public will give to them.  Then the court cases are often even less correct.

Of course every time I see something reported absolutely incorrectly in the local paper, I always vow to cancel my subscription, but I never do.  It's gotten to the point where when I know the facts about something I think is going to be in the paper, like a house fire I saw in September, I can't wait to see what lies the paper prints from the local police.  It's so bad, it's amusing.  In that case, the cop rescued a cat from the house, but then I saw him tell the reporter he pulled two dogs from the fire.  I guess he thought that sounded better.  The reporter knew that was a lie since he saw the cat and heard several other people say it was a single cat, but he printed the lie anyway.  Another cop told the reporter about how dangerous it was to go in the house since the basement was on fire and the floor could collapse at any time when they were in the house trying to save the "dogs."  The fire started in an attic fan on one end of the house.  I know that wasn't true, because I was one of about 20 people that saw it.  We also saw that the cops didn't go into the house, so there wasn't any danger of the floor collapsing anyway.  They knocked the door down and the cat ran out.  The cops stuck to their story since it had been reported in the paper.  The adjuster got suspicious when he noticed the discrepancy.  The girl that lived in the house works across the street from me, and she's still fighting her insurance company.  The police reports are a matter of public record, and there might be a court case if the insurance company doesn't pay, but I certainly wouldn't trust those public records.  You need to pay more attention to the differences between what happens and what's reported.z
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I agree 100%.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I wonder if alcohol was involved?  

It was a Newfy party of course there was lots of alchol involved.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#50]
This guy's last name was Norris!  Obviously this guy isn't Chuck Norris' Canadian cousin! This guy is just defaming the good surname of Norris.  Holy Shit.  

Edit:

Agreed.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top