Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 3:19:22 PM EDT

O.K. it was "ONLY" my thumb prints. I bought my wife a Sig 239 in .40s&w this morning.

Got me to wondering why don't people joining churches, reporters, and just anyone speaking their minds get finger printed also?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
O.K. it was "ONLY" my thumb prints. I bought my wife a Sig 239 in .40s&w this morning.

Got me to wondering why don't people joining churches, reporters, and just anyone speaking their minds get finger printed also?

Give it time....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont get it you had to leave a thumb print to buy a pistol?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you buy a gun from the DCM/CMP.  You must submit a 10 finger print sheet
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
When I registered my MAK-90, which the state of CA knew I had anyway, I had to get a full set of fingerprints.  I go into the police station and ask where they take fingerprints.  The woman behind the counter looks at me and say

"SEX OFFENDER?"

No ma'am.   Even worse.   Gun owner.

She looked shocked at me.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dont get it you had to leave a thumb print to buy a pistol?

It's a TN thing - part of the instant check system IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's nothing!  U.S. Immigration made me send a set of prints to the RCMP and FBI for background checks and all I wanted was a Green Card.

TN requires fingerprinting to buy a pistol?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
To cash a check a few months back I have to give a finger print. In a bank. They had little ink pots at each teller window. It is closer than you think.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
To cash a check a few months back I have to give a finger print. In a bank. They had little ink pots at each teller window. It is closer than you think.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I would have laughed and told them to fuck off
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing a little silicone can't fix.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why don't you buy a gun from the DCM/CMP.  You must submit a 10 finger print sheet

I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Maybe there is a tyranny sneaking up on us!

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I got FINGER PRINTED like a common criminal today......

Wonder why we don't need to do that to VOTE?   .....        

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

If  I had the time I would have. I was already 30 minutes late and I needed the cash. I asked and they said anyone cashing any check at that bank got printed. At the time I only had a credit union account with one branch that was already closed for the day. It won't happen again.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe there is a tyranny sneaking up on us!

You may be right...need some tin foil?

ByteTheBullet
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#15]

At least you didn't give 'em your SSN... right?!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know that.

Since when?  I didn't when I ordered my M1.  I just checked the order requirements and didn't see anything about fingerprints.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Some states require finger prints for concealed carry licenses.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been fully fingerprinted 3 times, quit your whining.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know that.

Since when?  I didn't when I ordered my M1.  I just checked the order requirements and didn't see anything about fingerprints.

The CMP does a NICS check now and thats it. There are no fingerprint requirements unless it's a CA DOJ requirement.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know that.

The CMP does a NICS check now and thats it. There are no fingerprint requirements unless it's a CA DOJ requirement.

Do they keep any personal information?

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I fully support MY bank collecting fingerprints from non-customers that are receiving cash.

If they don't like it, they can go to their own bank.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been printed for my Oklahoma CWL, the SWR Warlock Suppressor, and my Oklahoma DL.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#23]
So far I have been fingerprinted for the Coast Guard (under DOT and DHS), FBI background checks, FL Department of Insurance (insurance licenses), FL Department of Agriculture (CWL), FDLE, the local Sheriff's Department, the program I am going through college right now for, and about five times whenever my security clearance would change back and forth from Secret to TS and I had to keep getting interim ones.

ETA: I forgot a couple of times when I was bonded by different employers.

I don't even care anymore, everybody has them. Plus I leave them all over town on a day to day basis
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Got fingerprinted to get my green card.

Then again to work at the community college, just to check that I wasn't a child molester. Never mind that I was still a minor the time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Every individual form 4 from BATFE requires two complete sets of prints.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Is this a BATFE requirement or the law?

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this a BATFE requirement or the law?

Every transfer requires you to submit two completed forms (duplicate), each form with its own complete set of prints on FBI cards and a pass-port photo on each form. Not sure of the source of the requirement.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Okay, thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
When I registered my MAK-90, which the state of CA knew I had anyway, I had to get a full set of fingerprints.  I go into the police station and ask where they take fingerprints.  The woman behind the counter looks at me and say

"SEX OFFENDER?"

No ma'am.   Even worse.   Gun owner.

She looked shocked at me.  

LOL, thats halious!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#30]
You think thats bad, I have to use my social security number for identification at banks and such, even though it specifically states on the card that it can not be used as a means of identification.

Logic and laws seem to have parted ways a long time ago...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Hell I've been cuffed and stuffed 4 or 5 times, once after telling a cop to FOAD after I volunteered to take a breathalyzer and he said he wasn't worried about that, he wanted me to do a field sobriety test.  Thrown against the trunk and cuffed,  and thrown in the car.  Fully fingerprinted, after arrests 3 times.  Never once convicted of anything.  Always found not guilty or the charges were dropped.  I guess I look suspicious.  Funny thing is, all this was before I got piercings or tattoos.  Anyway, when they tried to get me for DWI and resisting, the cop left his voice recorder on so all that got dropped and he get suspended for making a false statement,  I shoulda sued but I'm not like that.  

Every time I've ever been caught, I honestly hadn't been doing anything, or it was just being detained till a story was straightened out.  BUT my prints are in the system now.  So I don't do the check-print thing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#32]
me too

for my CCW application
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#33]
The day they start taking DNA samples from the public, I'm out of this country faster than shit on stink.  No way are they gonna nail me that way. fingerprints are bad enough.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell I've been cuffed and stuffed 4 or 5 times, once after telling a cop to FOAD after I volunteered to take a breathalyzer and he said he wasn't worried about that, he wanted me to do a field sobriety test.  Thrown against the trunk and cuffed,  and thrown in the car.  Fully fingerprinted, after arrests 3 times.  Never once convicted of anything.  Always found not guilty or the charges were dropped.  I guess I look suspicious.  Funny thing is, all this was before I got piercings or tattoos.  Anyway, when they tried to get me for DWI and resisting, the cop left his voice recorder on so all that got dropped and he get suspended for making a false statement,  I shoulda sued but I'm not like that.  

Every time I've ever been caught, I honestly hadn't been doing anything, or it was just being detained till a story was straightened out.  BUT my prints are in the system now.  So I don't do the check-print thing.

Gee.. mine was only for access to law enforcement only databases.  Never been arrested.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#35]

I was fingerprinted for my Green Card, and had to submit prints for my Form 1.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee.. mine was only for access to law enforcement only databases.  Never been arrested.

That is what's messed up,  I hadn't done ANYTHING each of the times I'd been arrested, or I had but it was self defense and he cuffed me and stuffed me for his "and my ()" protection until he got it sorted out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I gave a full set to get my CHL.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I was fingerprinted for my Green Card, and had to submit prints for my Form 1.

and to think, we still let you in, WTF?

Na, you be OK in my boook, BUT living will cost you one Garand....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Some states require finger prints for concealed carry licenses.

Correct.  SC does.  It's an absolute pain in the neck to find someone that will do it.  I tried the city police, the county, the city jail, and a county jail in another county.  I ended-up having to drive about 200 miles roundtrip to the state police headquarters to get it done.z
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

And they would have pointed at the door and told you never to darken their door again.  Their bank, their money, their rules.  

Then again if you or a close family member had ever had checks stolen or similar event, you'ld probably love to get a print on the perp trying to cash them?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Must be a CA thing. CMP never required fingerprints from me for any purchase.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's nothing!  U.S. Immigration made me send a set of prints to the RCMP and FBI for background checks and all I wanted was a Green Card.

How many sets of photos did you need? They kept losing mine. I ended up getting 3 sets.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#43]
been printed for CCW, and soon to be printed agien for Form 4's.

kinda sucks to 2 transfers so 4 sets of prints! since the forms must be completed in duplicate.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#44]
I had to get fingerprinted just to get my job and they did a complete background check on me, of course I fingerprint about 10-15 people a night now lol
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:58:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must be a CA thing. CMP never required fingerprints from me for any purchase.

I didn't have to do finger prints when I bought two rifles from the CMP in 2004 while I was stationed in CA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:20:49 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

And they would have pointed at the door and told you never to darken their door again.  Their bank, their money, their rules.  

Then again if you or a close family member had ever had checks stolen or similar event, you'ld probably love to get a print on the perp trying to cash them?

Perp would probably do  just what I do in those cases.  Slide the thumb instead of roll.  Print is smudged, and they dont get jack shit from it.  Thats the problem with feel good measures, they dont work when you need them most.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:43:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Negative ghostrider. I wonder where people come up with this stuff???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top