Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2001 2:39:58 PM EDT
I saw him in The Boys in Company C.  I did not know he played a DI before Full Metal Jacket.  It was like I was watching him practice for Full Metal Jacket.  A pretty good movie too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Boys in company C was a good movie. Man, Ermy looked young then. He probably wasn't long out of the Marine Corps.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Lee Ermey was hired as a consultant on how to drill USMC style. He performed a demonstration on videotape in which he yelled obscene insults and abuse non-stop for fifteen minutes without stopping, repeating himself, or even flinching - despite being continuously pelted with tennis balls and oranges.

Stanley Kubrick was so impressed that he cast Ermey as Sgt. Hartmann

He also was involved in a car accident and he broke all his ribs from one side, he doesn´t move his arm in some scenes at all because of this.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Troy, now I'm gonna' have to rent 'Apocalypse Now' again. [:D]

I rented 'Boys in Company C' about 4 yrs ago and wasn't paying to close attention until the senior DI walks out and yells somthing about "Maggots". I snapped to. I know that voice and term. hehehe
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got done watching FMJ again this past weekend. I always get a kick out of listening to Ermey go through his stuff ("You are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human f***ing beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit. There is no racism here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops, or greasers. You are all equally worthless to me.......Up and over! Come on Pyle, up and over! Pyle you climb like old people f***. Come on Pyle, whatever you do Private Pyle, don't fall down! That would just break my f***ing heart! Are you quitting Pyle?!!! Well then just f***ing quit!! Get the f*** off of my obstacle you fat walrus piece of shit!! I will rip your balls off so that you cannot contaminate the rest of the world!!!!")
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#7]
If you blink, you'll miss him in Apocalypse Now. He's in the scene where they're assaulting the village (he crashes in the treeline) and I don't think that he even has a speaking part.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#8]
"HOW TALL ARE YOU???"

5'9" sir!

"I DIDNT KNOW THEY STACKED SHIT THAT HIGH"

i love that one

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe there will be more of him in the newly released extended version of Apocalypse Now!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#10]
He also plays a gay, ex-con high school football coach in 'Saving Silverman'.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]
"If God wanted you on top of that obstacle He would have miracled your ass up there!"

"I bet if there was some PUSSY on top of that obstacle your could get up there, couldn't you?"

"Private Pyle, whatever you do, DON'T FALL DOWN!  That would break my f***** heart! "

"Are you quitting on me?  ARE YOU?  Then QUIT - you slimy walrus-looking f****** piece of $h1T!  Get the f***** off of MY obstacle!"
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]
he also played in "seige on firebase gloria"
and one of the steven seagals movie, the one about the oil workers in alaska
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#14]
And in Mississippi Burning (he was the mayor), et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
And a Texas Sheriff in [i]Switchback[/i]...

And a Judge in [i]Murder in the First[/i]...

And the ghost-DI of the graveyard in some damn ghost-type movie with Michael J. Fox...

And he's been in a [i]Tales from the Crypt[/i] episode or two...

[i]"That you, John Wayne?  Is this me?"[/i]

[b]"Who said that?!?  Who dah f*** said that?!?!  Who's the slimey little communist sh!t twinkle toed c*ck-sucker down here who just signed his own death warrant?!?!?!  Nobody, huh?!  The fairy-f***ing godmother said it!  I'll f***ing stomp you!!!  I'll PT you all until your a**holes are sucking buttermilk!!!  Was it you, you scroungy little f***, HUH?!?!"[/b]

"Sir, no, sir!"

[b]"You little piece of sh!t, you look like a f***ing worm!  I'll bet it was you!!!'[/b]

"Sir, no, sir!

[i]"Sir, I said it, sir!"[/i]

[b]"Well...  No sh!t.  What've we got here?  A f***ing comedian.  Private Joker.  Hell, I like you.  You can come over to my house and f*** my sister!"[/b]

[THUMP!]

[b]"You little scum-bag!  I've got your name!  I've got your ass!  You will not laugh!  You will not cry!  You will learn by the numbers!  I will teach you!  Now get up!  Get on your feet!"[/b]

[b]"Private Joker, why did you join my beloved corp?[/b]

[i]"Sir, to kill, sir!"[/i]

[b]"So you're a killer!"[/b]

[i]"Sir, yes, sir!"[/i]

[b]"Lemme see your war face!"[/b]

[i]"Sir?"[/i]

[b]"You gotta war face?  'AHHHHHHHHH!!!!', that's a war face!  Now lemme see your war face!"[/b]

[i]"Ahhhhhhhh!"[/i]

[b]"Bullsh!t!  You didn't convince me!  Now lemme see your rear war face!"[/b]

[i]"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!"[/b]

[b]"You don't scare me!  Work on it!"[/b]

[i]"Sir, yes, sir!"[/i]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top