Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 9:48:11 AM EDT
I have one but I wanted to hear if it's common or I'm just an unlucky guy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The stories I could tell.....
It's not just a guy thing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#2]
You are not alone!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea, she's about a fucking loon.  Not consistenly either...  which makes her more crazy.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Certified looney tunes.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Here. Here. or Hear. Hear.
I don't know which is correct.

But, my wife's step-mother is a crazy psycho bitch.  She tried to stab her husband (my wife's father) with a dinner fork when my wife was a teen.  She did this at the dinner table.  her previous husband committed suicie (big surprise).

Over Thanksgiving, she had my wife crying and so upset that she went out to the car to go home early from her brother's house.  While she was waiting outside, I laid into my M-I-L with a salvo of profanity that would have made McUzi proud.  I told her she had mental problems and she has some perverse need to ruin every family get-together that comes up.

Well, at Christmas she came up to me and apologized for how she's been acting for the past several years.  And throughout the day, my wife's brother, sister, and father each told me separately that I was the first person with the guts to tell her the truth.

It could have turned out really awkward for the rest of our life, but it actually seems to have helped.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
My former mother-in-law is fat-assed and evil.  Does that count?

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#7]
You are not alone
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#8]
My former almost M-I-L tried to get me in the sack
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Honestly she is a good person, but she sure knows how to piss me off in the worst of ways. And Lord does she ever talk too damn much!! If you want to get me to ranting just let me get started on my mother-in-law.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I also feel your pain
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here. Here. or Hear. Hear.
I don't know which is correct.

But, my wife's step-mother is a crazy psycho bitch.  She tried to stab her husband (my wife's father) with a dinner fork when my wife was a teen.  She did this at the dinner table.  her previous husband committed suicie (big surprise).

Over Thanksgiving, she had my wife crying and so upset that she went out to the car to go home early from her brother's house.  While she was waiting outside, I laid into my M-I-L with a salvo of profanity that would have made McUzi proud.  I told her she had mental problems and she has some perverse need to ruin every family get-together that comes up.

Well, at Christmas she came up to me and apologized for how she's been acting for the past several years.  And throughout the day, my wife's brother, sister, and father each told me separately that I was the first person with the guts to tell her the truth.

It could have turned out really awkward for the rest of our life, but it actually seems to have helped.

Boy are you gonna have a shocked expression on your face when the blade slides between your ribs!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#12]
My MIL is awesome and so is my FIL.  I'm very very blessed and am actually closer to them than my own parents.

Plus, my MIL is H O T (sorry, no pics)
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I hate to tell you guys, but daughters become their mothers.  Your mother-in-law is your wife in twenty years.  Best advice I ever got was an older friend who told me to always get to know the mothers of my girlfriends when I was dating.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I hate to tell you guys, but daughters become their mothers.  Your mother-in-law is your wife in twenty years.  Best advice I ever got was an older friend who told me to always get to know the mothers of my girlfriends when I was dating.  

In looks... AND personality.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#15]

My Mother in law was great . She treated me like her own son . She passed away a couple of years ago from cancer . I miss the old girl .  Thank God my wife is turning out to be just like her .
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Formerly.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#17]
No worse than any other Mom-in-law. Better than many. My wife is clearly a  chip off the parental block in many ways, and I am not complaining.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine had me investigated and hasn't spoke to me but over the phone twice in almost 10 years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#19]
What is the big damn deal over mother in laws.

They are women.  Of course they are slightly crazy.

You just happen to be married to their daughter.  Its not like their childs' marriage TURNED them nuts, after all.

Statistically speaking, of course.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine is a serious whack job. When I first met my wife, she alternated between hating me because I wasn't her religion, and hating me because I was at the time a Republican. Either way, I was the spawn of the devil. She gave my then girlfriend the ultimatum: get rid of him or get out of the house. She got out.

Mom boycotted the wedding; no one from my wife's side of the family attended the wedding, nor sent gifts. How's that for shitty?

Then the evil bitch used emotional blackmail to get my wife to pay her mother back for expenses incurred since she turned 18 and was still living in her parent's house. Amounted to $10k, and despite my numerous and very adamant objections, the wife paid her back. She said she didn't want Mom having anything to hold over her...

Did I mention that the mother-in-law cannot shut up? Constant yapping, sometimes not even rational yammering; just mindless drivel. It only gets worse when "she's nervous", which is ALOT. She actually worried about the missing girl in Aruba, and felt sorry for Micheal Jackson (and was enthralled by the media drama concerning him). I think the woman would die if she couldn't talk for some reason.

I feel sorry for my father-in-law; he's walked over all the time by her. He literally can't get a word in on the evil mother-in-law; she talks so much. No wonder he leaves the battery out of his hearing aid.

I've already told the wife if she decided to move poor old feeble Mom into the house when she needs care, that I'll live in a hotel and she can visit me on weekends...that is if I don't push Mom down a flight of stairs first.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#21]
My MIL is loony, but not psychotic.  Now if you want to see psychotic, let me introduce you to my mother.  No stories that I can tell about my mother.....  it's still too painful.  Maybe after a few years of therapy I can talk about it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#22]
mine is flat out evil.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Mom boycotted the wedding; no one from my wife's side of the family attended the wedding, nor sent gifts. How's that for shitty?

Why in the fuck would you ever have anything to do with the bitch ever again? That would have ripped it for me forever. End of story.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why in the fuck would you ever have anything to do with the bitch ever again? That would have ripped it for me forever. End of story.

My wife's parents didn't attend ours and don't even know that we now have a child.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#25]
My future MIL is probably the best future MIL you could ask for.  (No pix either sorry.)
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Cranky and crazy.

Funny thing.....my wife kinda acts like her at times too.  I'm starting to wonder if it's a genetic thing. You suppose?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Is there any other kind?

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because 1) I loved the gal who I was engaged to, 2) she was nearly done college classes to become a pharmacist (ie, high income), 3) she was quite the catch; I don't regret marrying her at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top