Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 8:14:13 AM EDT
Ok, so I got short arms, god hates me.  I want to take an inch or two off the ol' pump, but not sure how much to take?  Is there a way to determine the correct length or just start cutting in small increments?

EPOCH

ETA: and no I don't want to put a Tapco M4 collaspable stock on my Winchester 1300.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, length of pull is from the inside of the elbow to the inside first index finger knuckle.(the one you'd put the trigger against.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The easiest way is to place the butt of the firearm in the crook of your arm and see how much short or long your trigger finger is with respect to the trigger.  Adjust the buttstock length accordingly.  

Another way would be to check out a youth model for fit and verify the above method with it.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#3]
takes for the advice, will post pics of the resulting carnage next weekend when I have the day off from work

EPOCH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top