Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/7/2006 5:41:22 AM EDT
I got divorced from my wife of 14 yrs almost a year ago. March 30th 2005 to be exact. I haven't dated anyone but her in nearly 17 yrs, so I am way rusty, & to tell the truth I didn't have a clue as to where to start.

I was never a pick up artist, or really much good at all. I can track a deer, or any other animal that walks, but a womans ways are mysterious in deed. I think I am perhaps one of the most unpreceptive people on earth. My ex, & many of my friends used to tell me of many women that were attracted to me, & I never had a clue.

So this time I'm trying to do a little better & I will not just settle for the 1st girl who makes the hunt easy for me.

I have been going to the book stores & looking for books on body language, love, meeting/meating women, & how to when it comes to love & what women really want/need & say without a word.

Frankly I'm freaking amazed that people are so much like the rest of the critters on earth when it comes to connecting.

I have found 2 books so far that I am actually interested in enough to read.

1 on reading body language written by a women who is a jury consultant, & has helped picked the jury for many high profile cases.

The other is called How to make anyone fall in love with you. Also by a woman.

Some of the stuff makes me laugh out loud because it is so simple but effective, & other stuff seams like cheating , but I guess it's really not.

Anyway, what secrets about how to meet/pickup women do you have you can share here?

By the way men, did you know women innitiate 2/3 of all incounters, but the male ego doesn't acknowledge it was them?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Point well taken. My books are teaching me how to get around gold diggers, even though women feel a man who can support them & the unborn kids is important. I guess it's a built in thing in womenz brains.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to disagree with TBS,but IMHO one of the best ways to pick up womenz is chloraphorm and a rag
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:53:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I did try something out from my book last night. I went into StarBucks to get a coffee, & a super hottie made eye contact with me as I crossed the room to order, her eyes instantly went down when she realized I was looking back at her. I read that is normal. I also read if she looks at you again within 45 seconds your atractive to her on some level. If she doesn't look again, keep going.

I didn't follow through as I was trying to get in line, & I wason my way to work. That pluss I haven't read enough of the book to understand what comes next. That & I was doing my best to not make a fool out of myeslf in a room full of people.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sorry to disagree with TBS,but IMHO one of the best ways to pick up womenz is chloraphorm and a rag

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Good looking and confident.

Women, for the most part, hate losers. That's why they don't tend to hang with men who have little money.

No money = Failure in women's minds. Failure = being a loser. Loser = no confidence.

No confidence = no women.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Honest truth, based on my experiences:

Don't.

You know the old saying:  you'll find the right one the moment you aren't expecting it.  And the less interest you show them, the more they are going to pursue you.  I shit you not bro.

But if you are on the hunt, avoid places like bars and single clubs unless you are a looking for a quickie that requires a doctor check up later.  Church is a good place, if you are into religion.  Starbucks is another good idea.  Believe it or not, the Sunday morning supermarket is a good place, too, and steers you clear of the Sat night party-goers.  Asking friends for a hook-up never hurts, but you have to be subtle at first that way there are no hard feelings if it doesn't work out.

Just be honest and be yourself, bro.  If you are anything but yourself, no relationship will last.   It would help if you mentioned what kind of girl you're looking for.  Church going, long-term relationship seeking family women won't frequent the same places or be attracted to the same men as swinging singles content with short-term, no strings attached once a week sexual encounters.

I'm very sorry to hear about your divorce, but I'm glad to know you're not sitting around, wallowing in self-pity.  Good luck, my friend.  When it comes to women, you'll need all the luck you can get.  Like you said, they are a difficult creature who's habitation leads men into dangerous territory.

ETA:  I voted all of the above/none of the above, because I don't think any one thing or combination of things is appropriate for every woman.  Self-confidence is a must, but so is being humble.  Lots of money attracts a type of woman, but not the type I prefer (maybe cause I have no money :)).  Smooth pickup lines help, but they are not the all-in-all (Um, whatever you do, don't use, "Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket?  Becaause I sure can see myself in your pants").  Of course, good looks help, but that's something you can't change except for body structure (Mikey Jakson would disagree).

Like I said, just let it happen on its own.  Honesty and openess will win em over every time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Good looking and confident.

Women, for the most part, hate losers. That's why they don't tend to hang with men who have little money.

No money = Failure in women's minds. Failure = being a loser. Loser = no confidence.

No confidence = no women.

'
Really? So why do so many of them hang with losers who treat them like shit?

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You must realize that in reality only a small portion of women do that and of that small percentage, many of those women are nutcases due to any number of reasons (rape, bad upbringing, etc).
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#12]
If you really want to find a good woman, there are two things that will separate the ones worth worth your time from the golddiggers.

1. Confidence.  Be secure with your self, and don't be wishy-washy when it comes to making any sort of decision. From the way you carry yourself to the way you speak to people your confidence shows through.

2. Personality. Being a dick doesn't work. Neither does being a sissy. Being funny when appropriate is worth more than how many $50 bills are ni your wallet. Personality can make up for looks any day. Trust me on that one.

Want to get some looks? clean your shit up. Keep your truck washed and cleaned out. Get your shoes cleaned up. And most often overlooked, is clean hands and nails. That can be a bitch to do, depending on what kind of work you do. Trust me, as a machinist mine get filthy, but no woman wants to touch your hands if they have grease and dirt stuck in the grain of your skin.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Seriously, if you are confident, carry yourself like you know what the hell you are doing, and aren't a general fuck-up, there's not much you cannot do in this world.

Including establishing relationships with good women.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must realize that in reality only a small portion of women do that and of that small percentage, many of those women are nutcases due to any number of reasons (rape, bad upbringing, etc).

I hate to disagree with the Distinguished Gentleman from the great State of Conneticut, but I must.

Women (in general) associate with men who treat them like shit and who are "losers" to satisfy their very strong maternal instinct.

You see, the reason why the dirtbag is so bad off, is because he hasn't had the love and attention of a good woman like herself.  If only someone took the time to understand and care for the dirt bag, eventually, after some time, he'll stop beating and brutalizing the women in his life... really.

nationwide's secret to happiness with wiminz:  lots of $20's and a little espanol
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I hate to disagree with the Distinguished Gentleman from the great State of Conneticut, but I must.

That's perty language...for a trucker.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's perty language...for a trucker.

My current student is from Bridgeport, I learned it from him.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I didn't see a poll choice for "Post a picture of your pecker on the web."

I think you are missing some of the better choices, here.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#18]
None of the above.  I think guys tend to overanalyze things and try too hard and women do pick up on that.  You don't need a line, what you say is 5% and how you say it is 95%, it's all about delivery and follow through.  The worse thing you could do is say something that sounds like you've had to repeat it in your mind 5 times before you had the guts to say it to her.  Money is a plus but if that's all you got to offer, the only women you'll score are those who you shouldn't.  You don't have to be good looking per se, but having the right "image" is important.  Confidence is the most important out of all these.  

I'm not the best looking or richest of my friends but will usually leave the bar with a girl while my rich Abercrombie looking friends are still at the bar with their hands in their pockets.  My advice would be:

* It's all about the right balance of confidence/cockiness without being an asshole.  For some reason, this one seems to be the most elusive for most guys.  Nice guys don't come in last, pushovers come in last.  Don't confuse the 2.

* Women are less interested in what you have to tell them, and more interested in what she can tell you.  You hear this all the time.  Why?  Because it's true!  If she's talking, just shut up and listen.  She's not going to jump you right there because you tell her how much you make, or how important you are.

* Never hesitate.  If you see a women giving you the eye, go up and talk to her RIGHT THEN!  it shows confidence, if you hover around and think about it too much, she'll have dismissed you already by the time you talk to her.

* Never be intimidated.  I've found the best looking women are sometimes the easiest.  Guys are either too intimidated to approach them or if they do, they are so nervous they say the dumbest things to them.  If you can talk to them like a normal person, you're golden.  Guys always wonder "does she like me"  "would she go out with someone like me" etc.. etc..  Chances are she's thinking the same thing but you'll never find out if you're scared.  Don't even ask these questions, make your move.

* Don't dwell on your faults.  Drive a shitty car?  Got a big nose?  Act like you're ashamed of it and she'll hold it against you.  Act like you couldn't care less cuz you're still the man, you just won some points.

* Finally, it's a numbers game.  You could have all the above and still get shot down because the woman you approached is holding out for someone that has a different image, income, ethnicity, etc.. than you.  You're never going to appeal to every woman.  Take note of what you could have done differently (if anything) and don't think about it again.  If you're going to score a lot, you're going to get rejected a lot, don't sweat it.  Move on to the next one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry all, but the best way to pick up a woman is to get her drunk, remove panties (if present) and pick her up like a six-pack.

roy d....I'd post a picture of this procedure, but I believe it violates COC rules.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#20]
ARFCOM 101 required reading...The Ladder Theory

Read it and then read it again, you WILL be tested on this material.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I have found that women are attracted to money and power. And that the more attractive the woman is the better her chances of getting a rich man. The rich man has a choice of a fat girl or a thin girl, he will pick the thin girl. If he has a choice between a tall thin girl or a small thin girl, he will choose the small thin girl. If he has a choice between an ugly thin girl or a cute thin girl, he will choose cute over ugly. And the same could be said about attractive women. If the attractive woman has a choice between a poor man or a rich man, 99.9% of the time she will choose rich. Even if the dude is a fucking prick and ugly as a dead dog. I see this time and time again.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
ARFCOM 101 required reading...The Ladder Theory

Read it and then read it again, you WILL be tested on this material.

I figured that would show up.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I know enough that I married the first normal one I encountered.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Leykis 101
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Second Marriages - The triumph of Hope, over Experience.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Men who are successful at the chick hunt are the ones that can best understand what women want and expect of them.  Notice, I said emulate.  I honestly think it is man's ability to act like a women expects them to and tolerate it is what makes it work.  

Think about.  You and a group of your friends go camping/hunting for a week.  Your behavior changes dramatically.  In our minds for the better.  Why do you think we have so much fun?  Once you return back to your significant other you have to modify your behavior to survive.  

I'm not saying women are any different.  They tolerate us the same we do them.  Marriage is compromise.  Hopefully, it's close to 50/50.  When you are seeking females you got to be like 80/20 toward their way of thinking to make yourself attractive.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quick, Bitch. I got a knife!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Anyway, what secrets about how to meet/pickup women do you have you can share here?

What worked for me is.....

You have to do everything in "extremes" meaning, if you can't have the best stuff, job, etc, you should aim for the least/lowest/obscure stuff but with a "twist".

Now, you're asking yourself, wtf... Firstly, you have to understand the above for it to work successfully.

One word: novelty

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Women (in general) associate with men who treat them like shit and who are "losers" to satisfy their very strong maternal instinct.

You see, the reason why the dirtbag is so bad off, is because he hasn't had the love and attention of a good woman like herself.  If only someone took the time to understand and care for the dirt bag, eventually, after some time, he'll stop beating and brutalizing the women in his life... really.

nationwide's secret to happiness with wiminz:  lots of $20's and a little espanol

Nationwide, Lot Lizards dont count!!!

Ladies go for confidence.  Once I figure out how to fake that, I should be in like Flint.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Men who are successful at the chick hunt are the ones that can best understand what women want and expect of them.  Notice, I said emulate.  I honestly think it is man's ability to act like a women expects them to and tolerate it is what makes it work.  

Think about.  You and a group of your friends go camping/hunting for a week.  Your behavior changes dramatically.  In our minds for the better.  Why do you think we have so much fun?  Once you return back to your significant other you have to modify your behavior to survive.  

I'm not saying women are any different.  They tolerate us the same we do them.  Marriage is compromise.  Hopefully, it's close to 50/50.  When you are seeking females you got to be like 80/20 toward their way of thinking to make yourself attractive.  

Totally, completely wrong.  Women know when you are acting, and will instantly give you a ZERO rating.

Women want a man who knows who he is, and isn't afraid of being himself around her, even if she turns up her nose or protests.  That is how she tests you.  If you change for her, you're done.

-Troy

Respectfully, I disagree.  I think men and women all 'act' to one degree or another.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Leykis 101

he did a show from our bar this summer, and everything he "teaches" can be summed up as "how to hook up with insecure women".  if this is what you want, then fine.  if you're looking for a bit more, such as a real relationship with a real woman, disregard pretty much everything he says.

let's hit the poll choices...

1--there is only 1 good pickup line.  "hello".  anything else marks you as a loser who is trying too hard.  

2--if you're tossing around money to meet women, you will wind up with a woman who likes money being tossed around.  if you want a shallow, greedy woman, this is the way to meet her.

3--these are two different things.  you don't have to be good-looking.  you know those head-scratcher relationships where a beautiful woman is with a downright homely guy?  well, the reason the guy can get a woman like that is confidence.

remember this--if you want to meet women, don't try.

let me say that again.

if you want to meet women, don't try.

think about your good friends.  when you originally made friends with them, you didn't "go out to ty to make some friends".  you met someone and started talking with them.  you weren't saying to yourself "i really want this person to be my friend, so i have to impress them".  you were simply yourself.  if, after a couple of minutes of conversation, you couldn't think of anything to say, you didn't desperately try to think up something interesting.  if the conversation flowed, great.  if not, not.  that is how you became friends--by not setting yourself up to be evaluated.

very often, you hear men say "i want to meet women".  single women, otoh, often say "i want to meet new people".  note the difference.  and note that women are usually more successful.

as darryl zero said, "when you're looking for something specific, it's very difficult because of just how many things there are in the world.  but when you're looking for anything at all, it's very easy because of just how many things are in the world."

so i'll say this--go out and meet new people.  put yourself in a social environment.  start going to church.  take a martial arts class.  do yoga.  whatever.  put the sexual agenda on the back burner, and just go see what's out there.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#34]
What do I know about womenz?

Superficially....they taste good (well, all the ones I've been with anyway) , They have fun parts to play with, and they can do things with their mouths that can cause your eyes to roll back in your head....

Seriously....most of the good ones are on this site....wish (hope) I can find one as good as Playmore Minds, SP1Grl, Daisy Wench, XG25y (whatever her cryptic nic is...), Gabbasaurus, patty, etc, etc. You know, someone with a good, evil sense of humor....loves guns, and can be one of the guys on occasion...plus knowing how to field strip and clean an AR....

But other than that....fuggetaboutit....I suck at meeting and picking up the womenz....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#35]
If you don't have a large penis, you're going to need a Corvette.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Be honest and yourself..also cute helps alot...works for me
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only a small portion, eh?

They all must live in Western NJ then.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#38]
so how do you know when a girl is interested. My friends usually have to point it out to me. Heck the other day a 9 year old, my friend was babysitting pointed it out to me. What the hell did I not learn in the past 19 years of my life.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I know enough that I married the first normal one I encountered.

I know enough that I married the ONLY normal one I encountered.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
so how do you know when a girl is interested. My friends usually have to point it out to me. Heck the other day a 9 year old, my friend was babysitting pointed it out to me. What the hell did I not learn in the past 19 years of my life.

Who cares if SHE is interested.. are you?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am so confused
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am so confused

As in.. stop judging her interest in you.... why do you care if she is interested in you? You should care more if you are interested in her...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#43]
It had better be a pre 70's model.  Seriously, size doesn't matter if you know how to use it.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Around here its all over the place has a lot to do with more money ussually. but what people in oklahoma concider good-looking sexy here is bottom-o-the-barrel in larger and/or coastal cities.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#45]
heeh If I had to say Cocky and funny wins hands down everytime with the ladies.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
heeh If I had to say Cocky and funny wins hands down everytime with the ladies.

They will get bored of it though... they look for more than just the class clown.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Confidence is very important in meeting new women.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#48]
It depends on the woman.  Some are shallow, others are not.  Some know exactly what they want, others don't have a clue.  

The most important thing is to be confident, and that you make sure they KNOW you have a genuine interest in them, and not just any of their "assets" so to speak.

"Women were meant to be loved, not understood"  I don't remember who said it, but it makes perfect sense.

ETA - Wow, of all the people I could have followed a post with, I pick the guy with one of hottest GF's on the planet.  And we both agreed on the same thing, confidence, and 22 seconds apart no less.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Cocky and funny works great when first meeting women as it so has worked in my life time, but like all things in life you need to know how to balance these actions with the mystical elements of a Alpha male.    Just my two cents of Harry met Sally.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I have found that women are attracted to money and power. And that the more attractive the woman is the better her chances of getting a rich man. The rich man has a choice of a fat girl or a thin girl, he will pick the thin girl. If he has a choice between a tall thin girl or a small thin girl, he will choose the small thin girl. If he has a choice between an ugly thin girl or a cute thin girl, he will choose cute over ugly. And the same could be said about attractive women. If the attractive woman has a choice between a poor man or a rich man, 99.9% of the time she will choose rich. Even if the dude is a fucking prick and ugly as a dead dog. I see this time and time again.

JP Morgan, is that you?!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top