Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 10:55:53 PM EDT
I have a Sister-In-Law that has been nothing but a huge pain in the ass from the minute the good part of her ran down her mom's leg. When they were kids, she used to chase my Wife around their house with a butcher knife. She has stolen money from her parents, my parents (she used to babysit my little sister), and Me (the only thing that saved her life was her sister, my wife). This bitch is a hypochondriac of the highest order. If she sees someone with Ebola on TV, she thinks she has it for a week afterwards. She is 28 or 29, and still living at home. She hasnt held a job for more than a month since I've known my wife (10 years in August). Typical Welfare Monkey.
For now, she has a job at a nursing home as a nurses assistant. But, thats gonna change in the morning.  

A little introduction is in order. I'm an Electrician working swing shift in a Textile factory. My Wife is a Nurse, working 11-7. We have two kids, a 7 year old boy and a 3 year old girl.
A few months ago, my FIL was in a car accident, and although he has regained his range of movement, he cant go back to "work" without clearance from a doctor, which seems to be a few months away at best.
Anywho, my Wife and I have been paying him to keep the kids for us while we are at work. Theyre both well behaved, and can do a lot for themselves, so its not strenuous for his physical condition.
They are also going thru a bit of financial difficulty due to his not working, so the money we pay him is helping them out a lot. He's a good guy, and we get along great. We pay him well for keeping the kids, and I do a lot of work around his house out of gratitude. I also slip him a few bucks here and there for his own use, under the radar from the MIL.  

He calls me tonight at home, about 7:30pm, and tells me he cant come down tonight. He tells me he thinks he has the flu. Coincidentally, my SIL also has "the flu", so it at least sounds plausible. So, I make arrangements, and have someone else watching the kids for the night. No big deal.

About an hour ago, my Wife calls me on my cell phone, and tells me "We should go ahead and make some arrangements to go to a funeral". I ask why, and she tells me that a girl she works with was "Sorry about what happened to your Grandma". My wife asked why, and it turns out the girls boyfriend works at a nursing home with my SIL, and apparently, my SIL is off on "Funeral Leave" because her (and my wifes) Grandmother died. My Wife's Grandmother's are both alive and well as of this afternoon when the Wife made her weekly calls to them.

Am I the only one that would be angry about this? I realize its none of my business, really, but I find it very dis-respectful for her to use this excuse. I have half a mind to call the nursing home she works at tommorow and let them in on the story. I'm sure my In-Laws dont know she's using this reason, and I am calling them first thing in the morning. Fucking Ingrate piece of shit.

Sorry for the rant.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice piece of work, your SIL.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it is lying and an unkind lie at that, but if she really is sick she is not misusing sick leave.  She is just being the piece of shit that you already knew she was.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
A gym teacher told me early on to be smart about excuses.  He told me how one student used a grandparents death excuse so much he eventually asked her one day exactly how many grandparents she has.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well it is lying and an unkind lie at that, but if she really is sick she is not misusing sick leave.  She is just being the piece of shit that you already knew she was.

I dont care what kind of sick time she has or uses if she really is sick. She has a history of faking illness and injuries to get out of going to work.

The thing is, she has done this same kind of thing everywhere she has ever worked. She finally gets a job that isnt BK or McDonalds, and she starts this shit again, and by lying about her Grandma passing away, pulls the whole family into it. Pretty fucking disrespectful, in my opinion.

A gym teacher told me early on to be smart about excuses. He told me how one student used a grandparents death excuse so much he eventually asked her one day exactly how many grandparents she has

I would be more afraid of "jinxing" someone than running out of Grandparents.

So, should I wait 20 minutes (3:30am et) and call my FIL, opening with "Sorry to hear about Grandma"?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Better measure twice and cut once.

Where is your profit to involve your self?  Will it only cause hard feelings with your in-laws?  With out knowing more I'll bet they have been making excuses for your SIL all her life.  She may not be able to hold a job, but if you screw up this one by calling the nursing home all her problems will be your fault.

She may be useless, but you better think twice before you act.

Vic out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Where is your profit to involve your self?  Will it only cause hard feelings with your in-laws?  With out knowing more I'll bet they have been making excuses for your SIL all her life.  She may not be able to hold a job, but if you screw up this one by calling the nursing home all her problems will be your fault.

Vic out.

Good point, but I dont think its the case. She's been a thorn in the side of the entire family (both, really- mine and her own) since I've known her. Her parents, my In-Laws, just cant seem to tell her "no" on anything.
I suppose I could act on the situation without implicating myself directly. I know someone else she wronged thats been waiting for a chance like this for a while.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vic out.

Good point, but I dont think its the case. She's been a thorn in the side of the entire family (both, really- mine and her own) since I've known her. Her parents, my In-Laws, just cant seem to tell her "no" on anything.
I suppose I could act on the situation without implicating myself directly. I know someone else she wronged thats been waiting for a chance like this for a while.

Sounds like you've got the red-ass for your SIL. Do as you please but remember: "Revenge is a dish best served up cold."

Vic out.
Edited to add: Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sounds like you've got the red-ass for your SIL. Do as you please but remember: "Revenge is a dish best served up cold."

Vic out.

I wouldn't say that. In fact, I gave her a chance to try again after it was discovered she stole money from my Wife and I. ("Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind).
I just know the entire situation.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
She is 28 or 29  

Is she hot? Pics?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#10]
LOl... we had a guy at work this summer who didn't have a ride home when his shift was up.  I told him I'd give him a ride...  then like a half hour later his mom had a heart attack and someone came and picked him up.  My supervisor followed them and he just went home!  heheh...  so the fucker comes in the next day and one of the guys asks "how's your mom doing?" and he gets all weird and says "fine."...  He didn't finish that shift..he quit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
She is 28 or 29  

Is she hot? Pics?

Not in the least. She gets her looks from my FILs side. My Wife gets hers from my MIL.
Seriously, even in family pictures from when they were children, you would never even guess they were related. At All. My wife is tall and lean. My SIL is shorter and plump.  

Unless you're in the market for a bat-shit crazy, lardassed hypochondriac.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vic out.

I wouldn't say that. In fact, I gave her a chance to try again after it was discovered she stole money from my Wife and I. ("Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind).
I just know the entire situation.  

I don't know anything except what you've written. But if you don't have the red-ass for her why help her screw up her job? It certainly seems you're pissed at her and want to get in a lick or two.

Which helps your family out more: helping your SIL out of her job at a bad financial time for the parents (the ones who can't say no) she is at least semi dependent upon? Or biding your time and do her dirty when it will only affect her?

Bide your time. There will come a time when the parents aren't around and the SIL will still be a fuckup and need help. Then you can shoot her down such that she is the only one going down in flames.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She is 28 or 29  

Is she hot? Pics?

Not in the least. She gets her looks from my FILs side. My Wife gets hers from my MIL.
Seriously, even in family pictures from when they were children, you would never even guess they were related. At All. My wife is tall and lean. My SIL is shorter and plump.  

Unless you're in the market for a bat-shit crazy, lardassed hypochondriac.

'Fraid I'll have to pass on this once in a lifetime offer....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Bide your time. There will come a time when the parents aren't around and the SIL will still be a fuckup and need help. Then you can shoot her down such that she is the only one going down in flames.

She will perpetually be a fuckup. There is no disagreeance about this fact from any of the family. Regardless of where they are or what their situation is, she will sponge off of them for as long as she can, and they know it. The will be no time when she will be the only one going down in flames.
It wont hurt them financially anyway- She doesnt put any money towards household expenses, doesnt buy any groceries, and chooses not to pay her own bills, even when she has money to do so.

The word has already been put out to my Wife as well, and she is in agreeance- That bitch will live in a box and eat from a dumpster before she sleeps under my roof.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Leave it alone. Don't go looking for trouble and call were she works, you'll end up looking like an ass trying to make problems. However, if someone lets you know how sorry they are that you lost a relative tell them you don't know what they are talking about, since you really don't. Lol, maube even fake a few minutes of panic before getting the dead person on the phone to make sure they are ok. Correcting someone's misinformation personally is a ways away from searching for it.

Edited to add: Eventually, the employer will find out through gossip, they always do. That might not be the reason she gets fired but it might be the final straw or at least get her job performance evaluated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top