Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 9:14:31 PM EDT
My son got back from Belfast about a month ago. Here are some of his pictures from Belfast. He had one picture of a bank in Belfast which has been shot up. Several windows still hadnt been replaced. I cannt find that picture.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, my friend moved to Dublin and took a day trip up to Belfast.  He described all the sloganeering, exactly what your son's pictures show.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a nice town though, otherwise.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate to say it but WHO THE FUCK CARES?! how is it that every other european country that has both Protestant and Catholic living together like S. germany, Belgium, Yugoslavia, oppps cross that last one out! can live together but these guys are still fighting a war that started 500 years ago!? I don't get it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Closer to 800 actually.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]
My home town
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be flying into Belfast Int'l Monday the 9th. Spending almost 3 weeks up north in Derry with the in-laws.

God help my liver.

ETA
Belfast is so fucking dreary, no offense to Streetfighter and Copenhagen. I tried to like it there, but I just couldn't.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hate to say it but WHO THE FUCK CARES?! how is it that every other european country that has both Protestant and Catholic living together like S. germany, Belgium, Yugoslavia, oppps cross that last one out! can live together but these guys are still fighting a war that started 500 years ago!? I don't get it.

It's so much deeper than simply Catholic/Protestant, trust me. That being said, it's a tragedy that a people so fucking identical in the vast, vast majority of ways have to be at each other's throats.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top