Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:45:09 PM EDT
anyone ever see any old MTV tapes for sale?

like from the early 80's.

my wife and i were hardcore fans.  i'd love to see those old vj's and videos again.

you young fockersmight not realize, but MTV was huge in the old days.   MTV once played ONLY music and it was a giant craze.  everyone watched it every day in high school.  

My sister and I sat like fungus and watched it for hours on end back in 1981, 82, 83.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You can hear the VJ's on Sirius Satellite Radio now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen tapes for sale.  I used to stay over at friends homes to watch videos.  My family didn't have cable.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
We didnt get a vcr until 85.  The oldest tapes of mtv I can find in my collection are from the early 90's
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've never seen tapes for sale.  I used to stay over at friends homes to watch videos.  My family didn't have cable.

that must have been painful and traumatic  

you should play some tears for fears....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We didnt get a vcr until 85.  The oldest tapes of mtv I can find in my collection are from the early 90's

somebody out there MUST have tapes for sale.

EVERYONE watched it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a tape (transferred to DVD) of my friends (a local band made up of 4 brothers) winning the finals in the MTV Basement Tapes contest in early 1984.  Lots of Mark Goodman and Martha Quinn, lots of classic videos (Van Halen's "Jump", The Cars' "You Might Think", etc.), and a bunch of HORRIBLE commercials.

Seeing these POS American "boat" cars, painted BROWN, that look like enormous boxes driving on a curved road, while the announcer tells you how EXCITING they are makes me want to puke.  There's also a commercial for the original Nintendo "Mario Bros." game.

One of these days I'll post some vidcaps.

-Troy

I'd like to see that.

Today's MTV makes me want to puke.

Speaking of puke...Brown is one of my favorite colors.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Today's MTV makes me want to is puke.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Martha Quinn was a hottie back in the day......
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Today's MTV makes me want to is puke.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#12]
i think the first time i saw MTV was around 84-85 when i was 12 or so. WAY to young to appreciate the greatness that MTV WAS martha Quinn was a hottie i gotta agree  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top