Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 4:07:42 PM EDT
Dear Editor:

Just before Christmas, Dick Cheney made a "surprise" visit to troops in Iraq. Of course, he chose to "sneak" into Iraq, like a thief in the night. Our brave troops didn't "sneak" into that country. That act alone makes me sick enough. But what really made my blood boil, and turned my stomach, was the sight of Cheney addressing combat troops in a war zone, donning a U.S. Army jacket. That was a most audacious act on behalf of Mr. Cheney.

Here is a man who diligently sought, and received no less than five deferments in order to avoid military service during the Vietnam War. As far as I am concerned, Cheney displayed his true colors with those deferments long ago, when he chose to dodge the draft. What shameless gall this man has. In my opinion, Cheney soiled that U.S. Army jacket and disgraced the military. He is not worthy to wear that jacket. This was a most despicable act. He ought to be ashamed of himself. But then, the Bush administration knows no shame for their acts.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an angry lib.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like an angry lib.

+1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Mr. Cheney's covert travel is all about security proceedures.
Both political and celebrity figures operate that way, I am certain.
I am not familliar with his draft history.

He is among millions whom took the option of college deferments during Viet-Nam.
As long as he met the standards to retain those deferments lawfully and honestly, there has been no wrong doing.

Not everyone whom serves does so in uniform, or a combat zone.
His time for service to his country is now, not 40 yrs ago.

DaddyDett
USAF 1975-79
USAF brat 1958-1975
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
pissed about a jacket eh?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top