Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 3:32:44 PM EDT
how is your custody setup and how is it working for you?

i have joint with my 3 year old, every wednesday and every other weekend.  and it pisses me off every time i get him because i have to reteach him every time how to behave.  i don't know what exactly my in-laws are doing but damnit, it needs to stop
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome to my world friend.

exact same situation.

txl
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I get to be the odd man out.

I have full custody. The -ex gets my daughter every other weekend. Out of that my best guess is that my daughter spends about half of that time watched by others than her mom.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have full custody. The -ex gets my daughter every other weekend. Out of that my best guess is that my daughter spends about half of that time watched by others than her mom.

Wow.. there is more than one of us..     Except in my case it is my son.   and I wan't married.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Think that's bad? I raised my stepson since he was 1 1/2 and he never wanted contact with his bio. He is 13 now. He needs me during his adolescence. My wife currently left and we are getting divorced. I pray that I can still have a relationship with him even though my wife and I disagree on how he should be raised. Its sad. I'm the only one who wants to raise him with proper morals and values.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.. there is more than one of us..     Except in my case it is my son.   and I wan't married.

Congrats dad!
I guess that I'm not the odd man out then.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Think that's bad? I raised my stepson since he was 1 1/2 and he never wanted contact with his bio. He is 13 now. He needs me during his adolescence. My wife currently left and we are getting divorced. I pray that I can still have a relationship with him even though my wife and I disagree on how he should be raised. Its sad. I'm the only one who wants to raise him with proper morals and values.

keep communicating with him - he may cling to the higher standard despite what she allows...  

and TexRdnec, hang in there - I know it sucks now, but soon he'll be old enough to understand what he can do where and with whom...  maybe a code word/phrase to remind him who he's with?  like, "who am I?" and he'll say Daddy, and then you can remind him how we behave when we're with Daddy...  soon, you'll only need the look that says, "Boy, if you don't get it together, I'm gonna come over there, and you're not gonna like it..."  for now, he's probably totally confused, and since he doesn't see all the adults in his life controlling themselves (I'm making a huge assumption here, so please forgive me if I'm incorrect about your in-laws) that makes it awfully hard for him to control himself...  another thing to consider is sugar in his diet...  what does he eat just before you pick him up?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 3 kids form my first marriage and the custody is the same as yours. It was bad at first because the ex thought she could dictate how the kids spent their time with me. My girlfriend got so tired of seeing my ex sh*@ on me she signed me up for Fathers for Equal Rights. They informed me of right I didn't know I had when it came to the kids. So Basically, I had to put the ex in check when it came to the kids. Rought at first, but now a year later the ex seems to have a little more respect for the kids time with me. But I don't see too much of a behavior difference with them.

But my girlfriend's daughter is a different story. Every time she comes back from her dads she has a bad attitude and a smart mouth. The longer she is with her dad the worse she is when she comes back. We have to put a stop to it right away, but I don't know why she is this way everytime she comes home. I think the kids see a difference where the authority is and know how to manipulate it. Then forget where they are when they come home.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]
The kidnaping of my daughter was legalised by the Alaska Court System .12 more years of ransom and I might be able to see her again .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top