Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:25:22 PM EDT
Texas was once its own nation.  I think its about time that Texas once again becomes its own nation.  Liberalism has infected much of the country and I would hate to see Texas catch that infection now....or anythime in the future.

So what would it take?

Would you be for it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be immigrating, unfortunately I dont see it happening
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Texas was once its own nation.  I think its about time that Texas once again becomes its own nation.  Liberalism has infected much of the country and I would hate to see Texas to catch the infection now....or anythime in the future.

So what will it take?

Would you be for it?

Texas was once Mexico too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It'll never happen, but if it did, I'd move southwest.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Texas was once its own nation.  I think its about time that Texas once again becomes its own nation.  Liberalism has infected much of the country and I would hate to see Texas to catch the infection now....or anythime in the future.

So what will it take?

Would you be for it?

And before that, Spain?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what will it take?

Would you be for it?

might as well be now
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd be immigrating, unfortunately I dont see it happening

+1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]

It was also once Spain and France
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
You'll never be allowed to leave the nation any more than any other state was ever allowed to leave.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a good idea, force all the Texans vacationing in New Mexico to get a passport.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd sure move to Texas.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Texas was once its own nation.  I think its about time that Texas once again becomes its own nation.  Liberalism has infected much of the country and I would hate to see Texas catch that infection now....or anythime in the future.

So what will it take?

Would you be for it?

It'as already too late Liberalism has already infected the state. The more yankees and Kalifornians move here the worse it gets.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You'll never be allowed to leave the nation any more than any other state was ever allowed to leave.

allowed, lmfao you think we're going to ask permission
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#13]
A majority vote in the state legislature.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It's already allowed.  That was one of the conditions of joining the union.  It's the only state that is (allowed to secede)..
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As I said, you will not be allowed to leave. You can try if you want.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
you don't really want to have to surrender to us twice, do you?

Remember we have machines to make snow, all your forces will call in sick!

bring it yankee
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It's already allowed.  That was one of the conditions of joining the union.  It's the only state that is (allowed to secede)..

Too bad that isn't true. As much as I love my fellow Texans we have been known to spread an untruth or two.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#21]
OK, what the fuck is going on here?

Does Texas retain the right of sucession or not?

Majority vote in the state legislature and it's adios USA, right?

ETA: While we're at it, Texas is the only state whose flag flies at the same height as the American flag whereas all other state flags must fly lower...right?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

popular myth.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#23]
It's been done once already... albeit it didn't last too long.  God bless Texas.

Link

TC

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Prayers sent!

+1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
OK, what the fuck is going on here?

Does Texas retain the right of sucession or not?

Majority vote in the state legislature and it's adios USA, right?

IIRC, Texas reserved the right to "subdivide" into smaller states,
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't forget we have the "He needed killing" law also.  

TC

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#28]
seems to be thed be pretty fucked if they did I could imagine the us going "ok fine and then slap a embargo on them"  just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Check this out:

linkeroo

Q:  Doesn’t the Texas Constitution reserve the right of Texas to secede?    
  A:  No such provision is found in the current Texas Constitution[1](adopted in 1876) or the terms of annexation.[2]  However, it does state (in Article 1, Section 1) that “Texas is a free and independent State, subject only to the Constitution of the United States...”

Q:  Didn’t the Civil War prove that secession is not an option for any State?    
  A:  No.  It only proved that, when allowed to act outside his lawfully limited authority, a U.S. president is capable of unleashing horrendous violence against the lives, liberty, and property of those whom he pretends to serve.

Q:  Is Texas really ripe for a secession movement?    
  A:  Probably not.  Texans generally aren’t the rugged, independent, liberty-conscious folks they once were.  Like most Americans, they happily acquiesce to the U.S. government’s steady theft of their rights and property via unlawful statutes, programs, and activities.

Q:  How would Texas—and Texans—benefit from secession?    
  A:  In many ways.  Over the past century-and-a-half the United States government has awarded itself ever more power (but not the lawful authority) to meddle with the lives, liberty, and property of the citizens of Texas (as well as citizens of the other States).

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It was also once Spain and France

...and the Aztec Empire...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I would bet that the battle to re-take Austin wouldn't last too long  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Can Texas fly its flag as high as the American?  Or did we loose that right we we re-joined the union?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I wonder if folks who talk about secession ever heard of a bloke named Lincoln and the stunt he pulled...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

So what would it take?

Would you be for it?

We lost the right to cecede after the Civil War. Prior to that, we had the right to become an independent nation again, but not to join another nation, i.e. the CSA.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So what would it take?

Would you be for it?

Another delusional texan. Did you forget to take your meds today?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#39]
If being annexed by Mexico is considered being its own nation, then yes, Texas will be its own nation.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

It was argued that EVERY state had the right to secede from the Union prior to the Civil War.  Texas didn't have any special "secession" considerations.  When admitted to the Union, the ONLY special considerations they were granted were the two I listed previously, (and the one about dividing into separate states is, IIRC null now).

I read a book on this.  Lincoln just wanted tax dollars.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We lost the right to cecede after the Civil War. Prior to that, we had the right to become an independent nation again, but not to join another nation, i.e. the CSA.

It was argued that EVERY state had the right to secede from the Union prior to the Civil War.  Texas didn't have any special "secession" considerations.  When admitted to the Union, the ONLY special considerations they were granted were the two I listed previously, (and the one about dividing into separate states is, IIRC null now).

Argued hell, most States, including the original 13, had the right of secession specifially enumerated in their respective State Constitutions.  In fact, that is one of the few reasons the Federal Constitution was agreed upon.  The individual right of the several States to leave the Republic if they so chose.

However, old Honest Abe fucked us all.  Right in the ass!  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You are on crack! The condition was that the south LOST THE FUCKING WAR.

There must be a black hole somewhere in texas that sucks all the stupid peole in and has a direct link to AR15.com.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Consider it little mexico
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#44]
The 5 state split is incorrect. It cant happen. The war settled all these issues. Why are texans trying to rewrite history? Uneducated? Wishful thinking? Drugs? All of the afore mentioned?

U.S Constitution
Article IV

Section 3. New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state, nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
A majority vote in the state legislature.

Going back about 40 yeaRS... Mr Martinez's history class, 7th grade: "Texas can split itself into 5 states any time it wants."

"Why doesn't LBJ make his ranch a separate state?"

" I wish he would!"

Mr Martinez was a Republican.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#47]
www.2kgames.com/shatteredunion/

Play that if you want to play Texas as a country again
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The 5 state split is incorrect. It cant happen. The war settled all these issues. Why are texans trying to rewrite history? Uneducated? Wishful thinking? Drugs? All of the afore mentioned?

I already mentioned that the 5 state split was null.  Guess you missed that part?

Why would you think I missed it? You did however fail to state as to why it is "null". I was simply clairifying for some of our members that used Kip and uncle Rico's time machine and are living in 1845-1865. (General Lee would put me in at the fourth quarter and we would have won the war)

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't think its too feasible however I've often thought how nice it would be to split Oregon into Eastern Oregon and Western Oregon.  How did West Virginia break apart from Virginia? or any of the other states split.

Patty
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Line forms to the left pal .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top