Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 2:18:38 PM EDT
In the interests of being a cheap bastard, and in my morose state of unemployment, I got it into my head to disassemble my M17 with the intent of unscrewing the carrying handle to allow it to be replaced with a flush sight rail.

However, it turns out that there is one bolt on the inside of the upper body which, in order to access it, requires the removal of the barrel.

There is one obvious bolt holding the barrel in. Removal of this bolt resulted in absolutely no perceptible movement whatsoever. I am presuming, from the exploded-view-diagram, that the front of the upper body detaches somehow, but I can't seem to dislodge the barrel to push it out.

I'm open to suggestions.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Tannerite?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Umm...

NTM
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Smash it against a tree
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top