Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 1:35:22 PM EDT
let me give you a little background. i live with my wife on the second and thrid floor of my inlaws house which is in baltimore city ( good area ). we have an apartment of our own. today my father in law comes up stairs and says he heard someone open the bilco doors to the basement and go down the steps. it is more of a cellar with no access to the house, just out side. the cellar has nothing but the furnace, oil tank, some pipes and food and water. i cant keep a lock on it due to the gas meter is also down there and the power company wont read the meter if they cant get to it and they will just shut it off till they can. so he comes up stairs and tells me this so i got out a 1911 and my mossburg, in about 10 seconds i had a fully loaded 12 gauge and a 45 to go check it out .... nothing... damn it
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at it as a practice run.  Next time try for 8 seconds, and then better that time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a good way to get yourself killed.

Leave clearing houses and buildings to the professionals.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
nothing... damn it

Preparing for the event and hoping for the event are 2 very different trains of thought.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I guess it would have been fun to shoot somebody. Better luck next time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Good idea in theory, but if I think someone is in my backyard or house, the wife is standing there with the phone and 911 on speed dial and I'm going to see what is going on. Not going to hope the cops get there before a scumbag gets to my wife.

My brother and I almost shot a cat a few months ago. The thing must have weighed 20lbs. Wife and I were lying in bed about midnight and we hear this rather large thump on the side of the house next to our bedroom in the backyard. Now bear in mind about 2 years ago we had a peeping tom catch an eyeful of my wife in the shower one early morning when I was laid up from surgery. So our 110lb German Shepard bolts out of the room, out the dog door and proceeds to do her "somethings not right" bark and then growl like crazy. Her hair is up but she won't get off the porch, like she is putting herself between whatever is out there and the door (good girl). I grab my Sig and my maglite, yell to my brother to grab his gun. We look out the side window, nothing. So we go outside and clear the yard. All of a sudden I catch some movement in a big bush we have, sweep the light over and catch an eye reflection at about the height of a human would be if they were crouched over. All of a sudden the dog barks and a cat bolts out from the branch of the bush to another. Almost plugged the fuckin thing. Yelled to my brother it was just a cat.

Didn't expect it being a cat as on top of a shear brick wall for a fence, we have 3 feet of angled mesh cat fence to keep ours in and others out. I think it jumped to the wall, figured it couldn't get over the mesh fence, jumped to the roof and then down and bounced into the side of the house or got tangled in the fenced and tumbled into the house. I'm not kidding, this cat was huge! 20lbs at least!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I like pie.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]
well its not  hoping it will happen, it was just one of those butt puckering moments

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
let me give you a little background. i live with my wife on the second and thrid floor of my inlaws house which is in baltimore city ( good area ). we have an apartment of our own. today my father in law comes up stairs and says he heard someone open the bilco doors to the basement and go down the steps. it is more of a cellar with no access to the house, just out side. the cellar has nothing but the furnace, oil tank, some pipes and food and water. i cant keep a lock on it due to the gas meter is also down there and the power company wont read the meter if they cant get to it and they will just shut it off till they can. so he comes up stairs and tells me this so i got out a 1911 and my mossburg, in about 10 seconds i had a fully loaded 12 gauge and a 45 to go check it out .... nothing... damn it

You should be able to call in the readings, and if its locked they will not up and shut it off. Many many locations have meters that go months and months without a reading. Its under your house, lock the damn doors.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You should be able to call in the readings, and if its locked they will not up and shut it off. Many many locations have meters that go months and months without a reading. Its under your house, lock the damn doors.

they want to put in a meter that they can read from the street, but anytime i have tried to set it up either they dont come or cant set it up for the day i can be here. they wont shut it off the day they try to read it but they will shut if off with in a day or two, as incentive to change out the meter. i have been trying to get it changed for over a year. if they do shut it off it takes 3 to 5 days to get it back on.

there is really nothing of any value down there, except 2 months food and that would take a while to get it out
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Since you say there is no access to the house from the basement, Then I fail to see how anyone was in danger. I would have called the police and waited it out.

Trying to convince a court you were in fear of your life or acting in self defense when they couldn't even get into the house from there would be kinda hard. Now if they are IN THE HOUSE then it's a whole other ballgame. You seem alittle too anxious to have an altercation.

AND......I personally would think the shotty would have been enough. Again, after the shooting and your trying to explain it in coutrt why you were so heavily armed.....looks like you were looking for trouble........IMHO
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You get two thumbs down...(makes me wanna post the video of the guy with the glock in the classroom...)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#15]
"I'm the only one in this room who is professional enough to handle the Glock fotay."

Oh, sorry just popped into my head.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Shoulda shot your FIL for feeding you bad intel.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe the enemy was invisible?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Shoulda shot your FIL for feeding you bad intel.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn.  I thought you were going to tell us how you shot your .22 randomly under the half-opened garage door at 4 methheads after popping one from behind.

Oh well.

Glad everything turned out to be nothing.  Seriously.  I hope I never ever have to point my gun at any target that walks on two legs.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If you're so hard up to shoot someone why don't you join the military.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You're a hell of a man, 'SCOTTY'.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Excuse me for being dense, what's the difference between "drawing" and "drawing down"?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:15:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're so hard up to shoot someone why don't you join the military.

Yes, we want you!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#24]
well i had to draw down today... but it was a false alarm...............................................

The wife already washed the car.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:20:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I drew down on a coloring book with my daughter at the california pizza restaurant in pearlridge mall today.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You have GOT to be kidding.   And let them kill your dog!?

CMOS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top