Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2001 12:33:12 PM EDT
[URL]http://www.claremont.org/publications/loneranger010600.cfm[/URL]

The Lone Ranger Remembered

Just a quick note on the death of The Lone Ranger, Clayton Moore.  I remember watching the Lone Ranger on Ch. 11 when I was a kid.  It was syndicated before syndication was cool.  It was a great show for kids because it helped instill them with the principles that the boomer generation has rejected.  Looking back now I see it was a powerful reinforcement of the principles our parents taught us.  I have reprinted the Lone Ranger Creed below.  A wonderfully conservative statement.   God bless the Lone Ranger, and may Clayton Moore rest in peace.

The Lone Ranger Creed

I believe:
* That to have a friend, a man must be one.

* That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.

* That God put the firewood there, but every man must gather and light it himself.

* In being prepared physically, mentally and morally to fight when necessary, for that which is right.

* That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.

* That "This government, of the people, by the people, and for the people" shall live always.

* That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.

* That sooner or later, somewhere, somehow, we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.

* That all things change but truth, and that truth alone lives on forever.

* In my Creator, my country, my fellow man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to the Claremont Institute's Precepts to receive the latest news and information about national politics and other topics via e-mail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All pages copyright © 1999 The Claremont Institute

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Good man, his son also
Clayton Moore Jr and I used to work at a gun shop in Austin Tx, he still works there. I spent many Saturday afternoons, watching the "Lone Ranger. Got to meet Sr when he came for a visit to his son.
KenS
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny, I don't see anything about being a pussy and crying to the
Feds in the Lone Ranger's creed. Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
[blue][SIZE=5][B]HANGFIRE!!

IS IT NECESSARY TO MAKE ALL OF YOUR
POST HEADLINES IN BOLD ALL CAPITALS?

IS THE END OF THE WORLD COMING OR ARE
YOU JUST CRAVING ATTENTION AGAIN?[/blue][/SIZE=5][/b]

[red][size=3][b]
HELL0? HELLO? HELLO?
[img]a139.g.akamaitech.net/7/139/622/10003904243026/abcnews.go.com/media/Entertainment/images/ap_anne_robinson_010419_w.jpg[/img]
JOHNNY W. KING,
*YOU* ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!
[/size=3]
[size=5]
GOODBYE ! [/B][/size=5][/red]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top