Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:42:21 AM EDT
Ok so a concert is coming to my area that I want to see. I look at tickets at ticketmaster.com the tickets for any section(General Admision) is $38.00...I think not bad well the only tickets they have left are not for the Floor area ust for the seating area. Ok no problem as I couldnt get tickets when they went on sale but now I have the funds.

Problem one....while looking for tickets at the Ford Center in OKC it states that the only authorized dealer for tickets is Ticketmaster. But I remember seeing other webs sites on google offering tickets for the concert so I go back and look and what do I find. Floor tickets ussually in lots of 16(the max number of tickets one can put on a credit card or buy at a time) The price for theese tickets are like $100-$150

And Im thinking what the F**K Damn scalpers. there are a lot of thease tickets out there so whilre I have to sit in the upper or lower tiers way in the back therewill be open tickets for the floor that havent sold all because some ass hat wants to be greedy and make a buck...well I hope they all lose there money...

Edit: for my over use of the letter "O"
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#1]
their prices make ticketmaster seem like the nice guy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If you think that's bad, try looking up Colt's playoff tickets!  $225 for upper level OBSTRUCTED view seats.  Can't touch lowers for less than $500 that I'v seen so far.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#4]
don't worry, you can get John Tesh in concert on DVD. It's almost like being there!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you think that's bad, try looking up Colt's playoff tickets!  $225 for upper level OBSTRUCTED view seats.  Can't touch lowers for less than $500 that I'v seen so far.  

Seahawks are the same way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
For future reference, if you know you will be wanting to see shows by any particular group, join their fan club now.  Sounds juvenile, I know, but tickets thru ticketmaster always go on sale to fan club members anywhere from one to two weeks before the general public, and you will receive the advanced notice to get them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#7]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
If you think that's bad, try looking up Colt's playoff tickets! $225 for upper level OBSTRUCTED view seats. Can't touch lowers for less than $500 that I'v seen so far.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For that kind of money and what you'll pay for parking & beer you might as well just buy a plasma TV and watch it at home.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#8]
That's called capitalism.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#9]
im my area you can screw them back, usually by buying your ticket right at the minute of the event, and talking them down below the actual value of the ticket.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you think that's bad, try looking up Colt's playoff tickets! $225 for upper level OBSTRUCTED view seats. Can't touch lowers for less than $500 that I'v seen so far.

For that kind of money and what you'll pay for parking & beer you might as well just buy a plasma TV and watch it at home.

I'm saving my money for when the Seahawks play the Colts NEXT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A day or two before the concert, people on ebay usually offer their unsold tickets at quite a discount.  It's normally a cash, face to face transation due to lack of time (cannot ship).    

I've purchased tickets to several concerts (with great seating) by waiting until the last couple of days.  

Thats exactley what im going to do.....i saw some on ebay today but im going to wait...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Burn, which concert ya going to?

Coldplay?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Burn, which concert ya going to?

Coldplay?  

NINE INCH NAILS....Havent seen them live in years and I realy realy want to go......
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#14]
100.5 and 94.7 are having contests for tickets.  Listen up to the radio, you might get lucky.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whan a  Howard Johnson's or Holiday Inn jacks up the prices of an 80.00 a night room room to 200.00 a night  on a football weekend (Happens all the time during football season here, and you'd shit if you saw what even the fleabag hourly no tell motels get on NASCAR weekend) that's blown off as "Just business",  but someone with extra tickets to sell is an asshole for doing the same thing?

Supply and Demand at it's finest.

That said, when I have extras, I generally look for like a Dad and his kid , who are for my team, of course, who obviously need a deal and sell them at face value. If an opposing fan wants them, I set a price that's so fucking astronomical that they either cuss me, or if they pay it, well, I just made a bundle at their expense. (think highest scalper price times 5)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#17]
It would be very easy for the promoters/teams/bands to put a stop to this by changing the way tickets are sold. The demand that jacks up the prices is artificial, created by bulk sales to jobbers. I don;t know why the original sellers don't add $20 to the price and sell direct to actual attendees, no more than 4 at a time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.well I hope they all loose there money...

And I hope it stays loost forever! So their!

LMAO...I cant help it ...I LOOVE MY "O'S"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top