Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 8:29:31 AM EDT
I remeber when LEO's won nationwide CCW priveledges that many members here sung the praises and swore that LAC's would soon receive the same treatment. I for one was highly skeptical that due to the ever increasing police state in the U.S. that we would go ignored.

Well, what happened?

Have any of you non-LEO's written the NRA/GOA regarding this issue? How about Pro-gun Reps and Senators? I know I have and as of today, I have NOT received one reply from either association or any elected gov. official.

So, what's it 'gonna take? ARFCOM Fire mission? I'll step up the heat with repeated letters, faxes and e-mails to the NRA, GOA and Pro-gun Reps and Senators.

What say you?

Why are LEO's being granted special priveledges and LAC's are being ignored?

While the House and Senate are still under majority control of the Republican Party, shouldn't everyone be doing everything necessary to bring this request to their attention?

What gives? Am I just being naive?

HS1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm all for it. Seems the tricky part is passing a fed law that plenty of states don't want any part of.  Or would it be made so that only states that issue CCW recognize your CCW?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#2]

i've been writing letters and making calls for the last year. i don't think it really helps, but i do it anyhow.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Most people scream states have rights to ban every and any gun.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm all for it. Seems the tricky part is passing a fed law that plenty of states don't want any part of.  Or would it be made so that only states that issue CCW recognize your CCW?

The way I see it, simply proves that the .gov only sees LEO's as worthy enough to deserve the right of nationwide CCW. This does not prevent me from exercising my rights when traveling to another state.
Luckily I seldom travel outside my own state, but States neighboring my own have reciprocity with
Florida.

Quoted:
i've been writing letters and making calls for the last year. i don't think it really helps, but i do it anyhow.

Excellent attitude and my sentiments also. Although nobody here seems to give a fuck, I do it as well.

It's funny or pathetic that so many folks here who love their Black Rifles won't do squat to promote a law which stands to benefit them. The more pro-gun legislation brought before the .gov the better.

I wish everyone here would get busy. This is not an impossible feat unless Democrats win the White House or gain majority control of the House and Senate.

HS1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#5]
This topic had me thinking there was a bill up, you ass.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This topic had me thinking there was a bill up, you ass.

Not as long as Law abiding gun owners remain lazy pieces of shit, you ass!

I guess we won't count on you to aid in the fight for equal rights.

How fucking typical!

HS1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#7]
There is a bill up- the SAFE Act of 2005
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Most people scream states have rights to ban every and any gun.

States don't have rights. They have powers. Only people have rights.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yep, but I doubt you'll get a whole lot of the people on this site to actually do anything to help. Just look at page one of GD and what's the most popular thread of the day? A thread about a movie involving gay cowboys.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a foreign national (not a US citizen) but I am here legally and I am law abiding with no criminal record.  I am legally eligible to own firearms.

Do I get to carry?  You said citizens.

I am eligible for CCW in my state.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I know that one of the organizations is working on it - I think the NRA-ILA. I heard someone say something about it on Cam and Company but I tuned in right in the middle of it and did not catch who the speaker was nor whom he represented. But it was mentioned that it was tricky, but they were working on national reciprocity.  I think it is just moving forward in small increments at this point.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

HR1243 last I heard, has anything happened with it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm a foreign national (not a US citizen) but I am here legally and I am law abiding with no criminal record.  I am legally eligible to own firearms.

If it were up to me I would say yes. I am not sure but I think if you are eligible in your state to CCW then you would be eligible for National CCW also if a bill passed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#14]
It will have huge benefits provided it does not dictate any CCW laws.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it were up to me I would say yes. I am not sure but I think if you are eligible in your state to CCW then you would be eligible for National CCW also if a bill passed.

That's what I was thinking but the thread title said citizen.  It might have just come out because most people think "citizen" rather than "citizen and legal resident alien and law abiding firearm owner".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top