Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 8:05:31 AM EDT
how did it turn out ?  

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
come on somebody here has surely  had it done , please comment .

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I had it done in 2000, and I am, as of Dec 2005, back in glasses.

There was a thread on this subject a couple of months ago that many responders reported postivie outcomes.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
was a thread on this subject a couple of months ago that many responders reported postivie outcomes.

was it worth the cost to not havta wear glasses for five years . will you have it done again ?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I had it done back when they used knives.  (RK)   It took a while to stabliize, about 2 years, but the results were worth it.  I still wear glasses because of trauma not related to the surgery.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
was a thread on this subject a couple of months ago that many responders reported postivie outcomes.

was it worth the cost to not havta wear glasses for five years . will you have it done again ?

I personally have suffered at times greatly from the "dry eye", a known, possible side-effect.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I've worn glasses or contacts for 45 years. Strong Rx. I know many people who have had laser/lasik/rk/PRK, etc.   Most are happy with it but I notice that many still wear glasses for reading. Being as used to glasses or contacts as I am, I am not willing to go thru the operation and spend the $, only to STILL have to wear (or even carry) glasses. But thats only my 2c.   Stay safe
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Wife had it three years ago. No probs, 20/20 still.

Her only problem is that she has dry eyes and has to put eye drops in before going to bed and after waking up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I had it done a few weeks before Christmas.

I went from legally blind to 20/10 in both eyes.

So yes I'm extremely happy.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Went to Canada (Lasik MD Niagara Falls) a few years ago. They have a new procedure which wasn't yet approved in the states......Zyoptic. It involves lazering the front of your eye (no cutting flap).....removes all imperfections (bumps) which degrade your vision. Went from -9 nearsighted to 20/15. Cost 2500 CAN. No side effects........best money I ever spent. The doctor is one of the best in North America.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#11]
had mine done a year ago.  i'm happy w/ it.  i have starburst at night due to large pupils (a side effect of lasik if you have large pupils).  my eyes are sometimes dry, they're less so now than when the procedure was first done.  i seldom need reading glasses.  If you get it done and have 20/20 vision, your eyes will continue to age naturally, thus the need for reading glasses by some.  If you are forty or older, you may need reading glasses when done.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Had it done in '99.  Still loving it.  Kind of a scary procedure as you are conscious but it was totally worth it.  Yes, my close up vision is getting a little far away for my arm length (I'm 45) but still worth it.

It was great this year.  Went in to have my license renewed and the examiner says, "Are you wearing contacts?"  No.  "It says here you're supposed to wear glasses. "  "I had laser surgery" I responded.  Sends me over to a machine, not the wall eye chart and no problem.  Strangely, he didn't seem to happy about it...

first license in my life with no corrective lens restriction.  Woohoo!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top