Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:32:21 AM EDT
Looking for some cheap non-corrosive blasting ammo to shoot in 8mm semi-auto belt fed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag, because I am too (but not for belted).  I just bought 900 rounds I thought was non-corrosive.  Another team member kindly corrected my misconceptions.  It was 70's era ordered from AIM surplus.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:40:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw this the other day.

8mm

Not sure if it is corrosive, but a quick email to AIMs cust service should tell all. AIM is a decent company to deal with.  I've never had a problem with their product, service, or shipping.

Edit:  never mind.    see above post

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:48:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I saw this the other day.

8mm

Not sure if it is corrosive, but a quick email to AIMs cust service should tell all. AIM is a decent company to deal with.  I've never had a problem with their product, service, or shipping.

Edit:  never mind.    see above post

Yep, that's what I ordered.  I thought it was boxer/non-corrosive, but another member corrected me.

I will say this, though:  AIM has some of the very best customer service I have ever encountered.  Polite, extremely friendly, and willing to bust ass to get you anything you need in a hurry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless its commercial 8mm ammo,  consider ALL 8mm surplus to be corrosive and clean accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Unless its commercial 8mm ammo,  consider ALL 8mm surplus to be corrosive and clean accordingly.

+1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i put 1000rnds of the rom. steel cased from aim through my 1919 last month. if it is corrosive it's VERY mild. the gun sat in my shed for about 6 days before i got a chance to clean it. checked it everyday and had ZERO corrosion in the bore.

Unless its commercial 8mm ammo, consider ALL 8mm surplus to be corrosive and clean accordingly.

Unless its commercial 8mm ammo, consider ALL 8mm surplus to be corrosive and clean accordingly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top