Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 2:52:30 PM EDT
Pretty simple question.  What's the shortest time you've ever had lapse between going out on a first date with a person and considering yourself to be in a monogamous, mature relationship with that person.  I'm not talking about this one time in high school or the time you knocked up a girl before you found out her last name.

Curious because this cycle occurred with me in about ten days recently and it feels pretty fast.  Not wrong, just fast.  Is this abnormal?

eta: I'm aware that, as in all things, METT-T will dictate.  Just trying to get a general sense.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Pretty simple question.  What's the shortest time you've ever had lapse between going out on a first date with a person and considering yourself to be in a monogamous, mature relationship with that person.  I'm not talking about this one time in high school or the time you knocked up a girl before you found out her last name.

Curious because this cycle occurred with me in about ten days recently and it feels pretty fast.  Not wrong, just fast.  Is this abnormal?

2 months from first meeting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Once.  The first date lasted 3 days.

My wife and I had our first date in in early June and were married in late October, but we had known each other when we were kids.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#3]
about a week, now married to her.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]
One date. Of course,we waited a year for the date.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

eta: I'm aware that, as in all things, METT-T will dictate.  Just trying to get a general sense.

4 months.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
From the first date to marriage was 4 months. Been married 22 years.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I met my wife in August of 1992 due to work.  

Went out on our first date four months later and then dated every weekend after that.
On the forth date we knew it was special and went away on a weekend trip and started talking about getting serious.  After the sixth date we started talking about getting married.  About 8 weeks after the first date we were look for a church and banquet hall for the wedding.

We been married for 11+ years now and just had our first baby 3 weeks ago.

Was that fast?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmm Inever dated a woman that I wasn't REALLY interested in So I would have to say monogamous after first date, if I really liked her
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
2 weeks

Max
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#11]
We started "dating" on February 8th, 1998, and got married October 3rd of the same year.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Went out with the wife on Haloween 24 years ago, married June 8 that following calander year.
After the first date was there everynight ok so one night. but we had been talking almost every night for 2 months before the "date" . Sometimes we would meet for am breakfast and she would ask about other guys before  "the date" . Once I found her I did not let her out of my sight.  
The best damn thing that ever happened to me and even my mother loves her. I am my mothers baby so no girl was right, but she has been the mother to two sons, takes my mother to the doctor and has become the daughter my mother never had. I tell mother she trained me right.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Went on a date, 6 weeks later I asked her to marry me. We've been married 22 years. When you know, you know.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#14]
140 mph...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Day 10-engaged.

Day 60-married.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top