Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 2:29:09 PM EDT
For many years now, I have heard nothing but the abuses that have been commited by this agency[and we know that there have been some ungodly acts by some of these so called professionals]. However, there are some very good agents in their ranks which I am honored to call friends. They often, do not agree with some of orders that have come down from above . But , like you and I , we must follow the orders of our superiors or we're out of a job. One of the best ways to change this agency, and its arrogance attitude is to join their ranks and change it from within.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
We don't hire people like you to avoid that exact senerio.  We have been very sucessfull.  We will never stop.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For many years now, I have heard nothing but the abuses that have been commited by this agency[and we know that there have been some ungodly acts by some of these so called professionals]. However, there are some very good agents in their ranks which I am honored to call friends. They often, do not agree with some of orders that have come down from above . But , like you and I , we must follow the orders of our superiors or we're out of a job. One of the best ways to change this agency, and its arrogance attitude is to join their ranks and change it from within.

Few months ago I started a thread saying I "joined" the ATF. You won't beleive what kind of remarks I got. It was a spoof, pure and simple. Voldermortist didn't think so, and there were a few others...

If you joined the ATF even to change it you'd get so much hate thrown your way.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Change the BATFE.

That's a good one.

Too funny.

HS1
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Some of the problems, however, are structural.  The ATF doesn't have many legitimate "high priority" crimes to deal with, and by necessity needs to focus on regulatory laws.  In other words, come budget time they need to demonstrate their necessity because of the "problem" of guns - which is part of the reason Waco and Ruby Ridge went down like they did.  Give the firearm responsibilities to the FBI, and assign the good agents to the FBI.  Let the FBI prioritise between enforcing the 18 inch barrel limit for shotguns and discovering the dirty bomb cell in NYC and most of the problems with federal enforcement of firearm laws will take care of themselves.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#5]
How do you change them from their legally-mandated, unconstitutional mission?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The best way to change the BATFE is to close it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

We are above your silly Constitution.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if we could change Al Queada from within? Perhaps the Ku Klux Klan? The Democratic Party? Ok, ok, so the last one is a joke.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The best way to change the BATFE is to close it.

We are the ATF.  Resistance is futile.

You want to close us?

Molon Labe!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are above your silly Constitution.

Tragicly our current administration believes that and the one that replaces it will be worse.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
How can you change it when you've got to follow orderd? you can't.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How can you change it when you've got to follow orderd? you can't.

You rise thru the ranks until you're the superior  agent . Atleast, some of the agents are trying to do what they can to clean up their image. How about some positive reinforcement? Or do you prefer agents with low self esteem and the same negative attitude about their job? When was the last time you[ffl's] asked an agent to go out for a beer or even invited an agent out to shoot with you? Not every agent is a prick!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#13]
HEHHE invite a BATFE agent to go shooting with you.... thats a good one funny man!  From the sound of things you might not see your family, guns or dog ever again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top