Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 12:48:01 PM EDT
What do I hear first thing this morning? Some clinton admin bitch saying that the mine explosion is Bush's fault! I mean this is really a joke at this point. The next segment was a interview with that puke from the NY times who "broke" the story about the NSA spying ( forget his name). All kiss ass and softballs, Bush lied- weapons of mass destruction etc..  
They really believe that if they keep repeating the same bullshit long enough that it becomes fact. I don't know who they think they are fooling but they can just shove it up their ass..
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
No blood for coal.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't run throught the house with sissors and don't listen to NPR
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Coal Mine Fatalities, 1995 -2005

www.bizzyblog.com/?p=1190
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Fox news radio...  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice chart, I guess NPR won't let the facts get in the way of Bush bashing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine fatalities have not dropped due to more or better regulations IMHO. They have dropped due to better mechanization. There are less men actually working to get the same or more coal from a mine. It's just a dangerous business. You'd probably see the same rate per 100,000 miners now as 20 years ago. The hazards are what they are. There has and allways will be methane and coal dust.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mine fatalities have not dropped due to more or better regulations IMHO. They have dropped due to better mechanization. There are less men actually working to get the same or more coal from a mine. It's just a dangerous business. You'd probably see the same rate per 100,000 miners now as 20 years ago. The hazards are what they are. There has and allways will be methane and coal dust.

+1

The absolute numbers are not meaningful on their own.  But, I find it hard to believe that the rate has gone UP - plus the numbers are probably too small to find significant difference anyway.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top