Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 12:08:45 PM EDT
For those that won't buy Blackhawk gear because it is made in Vietnam, you need to stop buying 5.11 gear also.  I just got a new 5.11 uniform shirt.  The tag says Made in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
So now are they officially called: five-ereven?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That make me laugh long time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I noticed that a lot of people knock Blackhawk for not being made in the US, but many gear companies make gear overseas.

5.11 is just another in a long line.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The rise is too low in the pants anyway (unless you're wearing a harness and don't want bunched up pant-crotch caught in the harness...which is because they are just Royal Robbins climbing pants re-marketed to tactical dudes).

I have a couple pair (one RR, one 5.11) but screw it...I like Carharts better anyway.

Their other gear isn't that special near as I can tell.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
They're not all that popular here (especially the shirts), but that is what the admin has decided we will all wear.

I don't like the "bi-wing" feature of the shirt.  It is basically a pleat on the back of your shoulder that is supposed to increase your range of motion.  It does that well, but once it "puffs out" it stays that way.  You have these cloth bulges sticking out of your shoulder blades for the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's funny is the ignorance here, Vietnamese have no trouble pronouncing Ls.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
They modified the pants for our dept order.  The ones we are getting have normal pockets on the rear, and no strap.  I like the pants, except for the fabric.  It is somesort of nylon that makes noise when you walk.  Other than that I like them better than our old pants.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Are you talking about the uniform clothes or the tactical line?

The tag says 5.11 Tactical Series

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Something you own was made in China.    

My girrfriend?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The rise is too low in the pants anyway (unless you're wearing a harness and don't want bunched up pant-crotch caught in the harness...which is because they are just Royal Robbins climbing pants re-marketed to tactical dudes).

I have a couple pair (one RR, one 5.11) but screw it...I like Carharts better anyway.

Their other gear isn't that special near as I can tell.

I used to bag on 5.11 for being tactical gucci gear, when you can get propper bdu pants for less-but the elastic waist band works a lot better with an iwb holster than bdu pants buckles, they have reinforced tacs at the pockets to a folding knife does not wear there (I have ruined jeans that way), although I think the rear pockets look goofy for everyday wear, they are good for stuff mags into and the surefire pocket on the leg is a good idea. I wish they would throw in the towel on the chalk bag strap, but I guess it is kept for marketing or trademark reasons.

I have read complaints about the newer stuff not being the same quality, but don't know if that's true.

Hey man, it's not just for chalkbags...it's also for carabiners/quickdraws.

I have one pair of Royal Robins Half-Dome pants and one pair of 5.11 tactical pants (they are the same pattern pants).  IMO the Royal Robins are slightly better.  The material is both nicer and tougher and I believe the construction quality is superior.  The differences are very subtle but I think they are real.

I still wear them, don't get me wrong.  I just really like Carharts.  The canvass single-knee dungarees are awesome.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RIGHT! It's due to part being their accent, and part being big American GI in her mouth
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funnier still is the lack of a sense of humor by some people.  If bought into my own stereotype joke I would have said "raff rong time".

Lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#18]
As far as this subject goes,sadly,we sold our soul to the devil long ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top