Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 11:43:16 AM EDT
i couldnt believe this when i saw it. funny commercial for the VW polo

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3374757378608744139
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Never actually made by VW. Someone duped the VW style in making this ad.

Also a wicked dupe of a post as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
way old but seriously fuuny stuff

+1
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
last year called....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I saw that video, I had just got back from a day of hunting dinosaurs, riding my mastadon.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#8]
oh, FUCK snopes and FUCK volkswagen!!! fucking politically correct cunts!!!

So just who produced this offensive spot? The ad doesn't appear to be a spoof put together by some rogue amateur filmmakers, as its production values (e.g., shot on 35mm film, probably at a cost in the tens of thousands of dollars) would indicate. Paul Buckett, a Volkswagen spokesman, has denied that the automobile manufacturer had anything to do with it:

Two creatives known to our advertising agency, DDB (Doyle Dane Bernbach) London, sent in this work on spec. The agency wouldn't have anything to do it. I can only assume the people who made it put it on the web.

We were horrified. This is not something we would consider using: it is in incredibly bad taste to depict suicide bombers.

It gives the impression we've condoned or supported it, and is potentially very damaging to Volkswagen. Our legal department is planning an action . . .'

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
First time I've seen it; that is HILARIOUS!

Hats off to creativity!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#10]
yes i know its old, yes i know its not real. i was playing along for people who havent seen it because i thought it was funny and it was new to me. i have forgotten how overrun this place has become with "dupe" faggotry.

the video is funny, if you've seen it in the past im very impressed at how cool you are, now please STFU and let someone get a laugh out of it
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#11]
How could that be considered offensive? I thought it was halarious, it might bring back some bad memories for people that were victims or knew victims of one of those attacks, but you can never predict what will bring back a sad or fearful memory in someone.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Some of us dont live on the web every waking moment. Thats the first time Ive seen it as well.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
yes i know its old, yes i know its not real. i was playing along for people who havent seen it because i thought it was funny and it was new to me. i have forgotten how overrun this place has become with "dupe" faggotry.

the video is funny, if you've seen it in the past im very impressed at how cool you are, now please STFU and let someone get a laugh out of it

You know it's old and you know it's not real, but you seem to try to pass it off as both in your original post.

Why not title it "oldie but a goodie" or "for those who haven't seen this joke in a while"? Just don't get offended when called out on something that is fake and a dupe when you purposefully try to make it sound like it's neither.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread fails.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:56:55 AM EDT
[#15]
wombat, i didnt try to play it off as anything. its painfully freakin obvious it is a put-on, its a joke. my mistake was that i forgot about all the fags that spend hours on this board being the 11th person to say "dupe"  or "last year called" or whatever else makes them feel a little less pathetic about spending 12 hours a day online and getting 10,000 posts a year.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#16]
personal attacks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top