Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 9:36:32 AM EDT
I've already looked in the "Tech Support" forum for the answer, BUT MOST HELP IS BEING EXPLAINED AND OFFERED FOR THE TEAM MEMBERS. I'm just a regular peon here.

Your guidance appreciated. Walk me through slow if you have a moment, as puters just ain't my forte to begin with.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
First, take the picture with a DIGITAL camera.

Then upload the pic onto your computer.

Then goto www.photobucket.com and create an account.

Then upload your pic from your computer to their site.

After you do that there should be a "url" tag.  this is the address of where your picture is at.

Copy that adreess and type "img" at the beginning and "/img" at the end of that address  while putting [] around the img tags.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks dark half,

Also;
How is the procedure different if I simply want to use a picture already posted on someone elses thread in the forums? I tried to copy and paste it onto my own thread, and is how I ended up here seeking help.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks dark half,

Also;
How is the procedure different if I simply want to use a picture already posted on someone elses thread in the forums? I tried to copy and paste it onto my own thread, and is how I ended up here seeking help.

right click on the image and get it's FULL adress.

Then type {img} URL address{/img}

just replace the "{}" with "[]"

like this

Now quote my post and you will see how it is done.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
First, take the picture with a DIGITAL camera.

Then upload the pic onto your computer.

Then goto www.photobucket.com and create an account.

Then upload your pic from your computer to their site.

After you do that there should be a "url" tag.  this is the address of where your picture is at.

Copy that adreess and type "img" at the beginning and "/img" at the end of that address  while putting [] around the img tags.

After you do that copy and paste the IMG line (3rd down) and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#5]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#6]

on a sidenote:

the process above, using www.putfile.com, allows you to host video (up to 25mb for free accounts)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a good thread.  Just don't use the arfcom photo server.  Use photobucket, it's the one I use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top