Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 7:37:31 AM EDT
Well, I think its finally time I track down an MP3 player. I have, thus far, avoided this MP3/I-POD phenomenom and frankly don't know where to start. I'm still bitching about scratched CD's - yeah I'm stuck in the 1990's.

Nevermind the local gym is playing all this ghey top-40 shit back to back- its difficult to do cardiovascular exercise to a Kelly Clarkson Techno Remix. Maybe the rainbow sticker with superimposed liberty bell on the gym door should have been a sign from God to "get the fuck out". I didn't think I was signing up for "Club Ramrod" with Richard Gere and Richard Simmons "Sweatin to the Oldies" live.  Lesson learned and there really is no other gym choices around.  

That aside, my job required I PT - so I should look into an MP-3 player. Its not necessary to feel like I'm at some rave party with chemlights and a fog machine (they don't have that but if it turned into a rave I don't think anyone would really notice IF it happened). I go to the gym to work out - not to trance out hopped up on X and touch myself - but to each their own.

Fortunately, I am not stationed in the city of homoerotic love - just TAD/TDY why here. I'll make do until I check out of my hotel.  Any thought on MP3 players would be of interest - like I said I'm clueless like a caveman who gets handed a Nintendo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#2]
iPod nano.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Just concentrate really, really hard about how much you hate homosexuals while you're lifting weights.  

Think of nothing else but that and you won't be able to hear the music, therefore you won't hardly catch teh ghey at all.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#4]
If you'll be running or doing any other jarring movements a flash MP3 player (think iPod shuffle) would be better. May not hold as many songs, but do you really need to hold 30,000 songs vs 1,000?

I have a Sony hard drive type MP3 player and it can skip/pause if jarred hard enough.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just concentrate really, really hard about how much you hate homosexuals while you're lifting weights.  

Think of nothing else but that and you won't be able to hear the music, therefore you won't hardly catch teh ghey at all.

For some reason that makes me think of the Bobcat Goldthwait skit about gay bashing where the gay basher ends up masturbating in his camaro while thinking about the queers he beat up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
As I once heard a former Mr Olympia say, "if you can still hear the chit chat, you ain't lifting hard enough."  That was his response to a complaint about too much talking in the gym, but I think it also applies to music.  Do a set of 20 rep squats, and you'll be lucky if you can even hear the music over your pounding heart.z
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#7]
J-smith,
Maybe you'll meet someone nice while working out
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, I think its finally time I track down an MP3 player. I have, thus far, avoided this MP3/I-POD phenomenom and frankly don't know where to start. I'm still bitching about scratched CD's - yeah I'm stuck in the 1990's.

Nevermind the local gym is playing all this ghey top-40 shit back to back- its difficult to do cardiovascular exercise to a Kelly Clarkson Techno Remix. Maybe the rainbow sticker with superimposed liberty bell on the gym door should have been a sign from God to "get the fuck out". I didn't think I was signing up for "Club Ramrod" with Richard Gere and Richard Simmons "Sweatin to the Oldies" live.  Lesson learned and there really is no other gym choices around.  

That aside, my job required I PT - so I should look into an MP-3 player. Its not necessary to feel like I'm at some rave party with chemlights and a fog machine (they don't have that but if it turned into a rave I don't think anyone would really notice IF it happened). I go to the gym to work out - not to trance out hopped up on X and touch myself - but to each their own.

Fortunately, I am not stationed in the city of homoerotic love - just TAD/TDY why here. I'll make do until I check out of my hotel.  Any thought on MP3 players would be of interest - like I said I'm clueless like a caveman who gets handed a Nintendo.

Check out the Creative Zen Nano Plus.
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=12720
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the input. I went with an I-Pod shuffle 512mb model. Fits my needs and I appreciate the info from everyone. Someone else from our team noticed that this Gym does seem to be Club Cornhole.

Aside from the active duty military (of our team) who got memberships - all the locals seem to be sick with the Ghey. Its Philadelphia - I mean what WAS I supposed to expect. I'll survive - listen to heavy metal and watch my six - literally.......
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#10]
The gym at the college I go to usually has heavy metal and hard rock on.  Doesn't bother me really.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
just imagine that deej is chasing you while wearing a g-string and carrying a bottle of lube.  that'll motivate you on the treadmill
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#12]
<makes a note> "Never visit Philly..." <makes a note>
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
just imagine that deej is chasing you while wearing a g-string and carrying a bottle of lube.  that'll motivate you on the treadmill

What in the fuck?

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
If you can, get a used GenIII ipod off ebay. They're the best of the ipods IMO. A twenty gig can be had for under $120, and if you need to, you can send them off to multiple places to replace the battery for less than $50.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the input. I went with an I-Pod shuffle 512mb model. Fits my needs and I appreciate the info from everyone. Someone else from our team noticed that this Gym does seem to be Club Cornhole.

I have a 1st generation iPod and a shuffle. That shuffle is a godsend for working out. Its just so small and light, doesn't get in the way and you dont have to worry about reading any digital display, either arrange your playlist the way you want it when you upload it to the shuffle or switch it to random play and work out. The buttons are big enough that you dont have to look directly at it to use its functions, so you can continue what your doing without have to focus on the device.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check out the Creative Zen Nano Plus.
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=12720
images.creative.com/iss/images/inline/products/zennanoplus/allcolor_nanoplus.jpg

It's a rainbow of colors for the rainbow club
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to hear your problem. I guess "Rush's Greatest Hits" aren't played at the gym as much as they used to.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#18]
The ipod is gay.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The ipod is gay.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What in the fuck?

LMFAO!!!!

OMFG!@!!!! that is hillarious!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What in the fuck?

LMFAO!!!!

OMFG!@!!!! that is hillarious!

You think that's funny? I sure as hell don't.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If you're going to be a post whore -you need to have thicker skin.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry but some things get me-like if a site member says something deragatory towards me without provocation.

If my skin isn't thick enough for you then I'm sorry but that's your problem.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm sorry but some things get me-like if a site member says something deragatory towards me without provocation.

the only problem I have is a wet chair after pissing myself from laughing so hard.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

man the fuck up, and learn to take a joke
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the only problem I have is a wet chair after pissing myself from laughing so hard.

Why is this funny?

Oh to hell with it...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is this funny?

Oh to hell with it...

MOMMY! THEY'RE LAUGHING AT ME!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#31]
[pittsburgh_accent]STAWP pickin' on 'im. He's lit-tler than all youse! [/pittsburgh_accent]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

man the fuck up, and learn to take a joke

I certainly didn't think it's funny...but I've let it go.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I certainly didn't think it's funny...but I've let it go.  

Two things you need to learn to survive here:

1. take everything with a grain of salt. This is the internet for crying out loud.

2. If something really does piss you off, don't get even. getting even is for panzies. Get up one. You want total ownage. If you can't obtain that, dont' even try. you'll make a bigger fool of yourself. admit defeat, and casually duck out.

The whiney stop picking on me stuff don't cut it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#34]
dont tell me that you still havent made the connection between that joke and you and J having that little love affair in the pit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top