Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 6:28:41 AM EDT
While visiting my mom for Christmas I decided to take home some of my trophies. My mom had wrapped them up in newspapers and placed them in several shopping bags. I won't itemize every one but here is a sample of what was in the bags.

My HS Varsity Letters - 3 sport, 3 year letterman including first sophomore ever to make varisity
Player of the week plaques
All Western Mass Plaque
All State Honorable mention
All Western Mass Bronze medals for High Jump and 4 x 100 relay
MVP Trophies

You get the picture. When I got back home I didn't have time to deal with the bags so I placed them on a counter top I put my stuff on in the garage. Now they are missing.

My guess is my wife in her zeal to clean up before a News Years Eve party, put them in the trash. Should I be pissed off, just depressed until I forget about it, or neither since it's all past glory and I know what I did?

Bomber

Poll coming
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP

Move on. Bigger things in life to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#2]
When we helped my brother-in-law move my mom threw away his Sony PS and all his games………..his fault, he put them in a Hefty trash bag and tied it up!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like some stuff my dad did, I had a Ruaain Makarov with 5 mags in a box, it was thrown away, bag with approx 300 silver halfdollars, thrown away, car parts in shed thrown away, all my boxes for shipping thrown away.  

I get pissed when people dont even look at it, just throw it out
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#4]
IBTP
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like some stuff my dad did, I had a Ruaain Makarov with 5 mags in a box, it was thrown away, bag with approx 300 silver halfdollars, thrown away, car parts in shed thrown away, all my boxes for shipping thrown away.  

I get pissed when people dont even look at it, just throw it out

my half dollar collection was also mysteriously thrown away.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:39:00 AM EDT
[#7]
nevermind.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#8]
you sure they arent there somewhere??

i leave hubby's stuff in bags or piles--what looks like crap to me is usually something incredibly important

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#9]
What's done is done.

I had a box with all of my old military stuff (bringbacks, certificates, awards, medals) in it stored at my moms house for 25+ years, one day she accidentally threw it out. While I was somewhat upset/depressed about it, she was devastated, what was I going to do.

What's done is done.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#10]
quit  hanging onto the past.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I lined up all of old trphies last spring, took a picture of all of them, and deposited them directly into the trash. I didn't want to move the box again. Let the past die a natural death, and don't worry yourself over such things.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Move on make some more accomplishements.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#13]
voted pissed
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#14]
How can she possibly think all that stuff is trash?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#15]
What would/would've happen if you had thrown out her stuff?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Kill her now.  It's the only way to redeem yourself.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#17]
feces occurs....has happened to me before by Mom and wives...I've even thrown stuff out by mistake (not to mention during a "Full Beer Moment" giving away something)...can't take it with you anyway...and you know what you did...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm torn between "If they were that important to you then you should have taken care of them yourself"

AND

"never throw out something that A. isn't yours and B. you don't know what it is, and C. is wrapped in newspaper."

You should have put them away....your wife shouldn't have thrown out something without knowing what it was, or asking you about it.

move on.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Let it go.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top