Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 5:48:33 AM EDT
Heres the story, im a 25 year old male whos decided its time for me to put in my time in the millitary.  I love my country and will due anything to defend it, it isnt right that im not in right now, alot of my friends are married with children and they are serving in the armed forces.  Im single and i want to due my duty as an american.  Im greatful theres so many great american patriots on this website, and i just wanted to say thank you for all the support you show our men and women serving right now.  I will be heading to ft leonardwood as a 21 bravo.  Hopefully i will get to help make a difference, thats my goal now.  All i care about right now is becoming a soldier and nobodys gonna stop me from completing this goal.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
outstanding..

but dont forget your radio..  < for when you get bored>   really.. go ahead take it with you...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]
lol im sure they would love that!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Good Luck and be careful.
TS
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]

OUCH.

Have Fun!!

At the time it sucked, but looking back, I liked it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#5]
What the hell is a 21B? If you are going to LW its either MP or Chemical I would think.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Hoooooaahh!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:36:07 AM EDT
[#7]
John Parker,
21 Series = Engineers
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Basic was fun for me. Enjoy yourself.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet Jesus man aren't you a lil old?

JK I was 25 when I joined.

Best thing I ever did.

Remember its all a mind game and you will NEVER be able to do ANYTHING right the first couple of weeks. Even if you do it right.... Your wrong!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Ft. Lostinwoods Misery? Good on you, have fun & stay safe.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#12]
You'll live. Drop us an update when you get back.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#13]
when they tell you to do something, you must always ask "why"

When they call your name you HAVE to respond with "HUH?"

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#14]
21B?  I just googled it and it looks exactly like what I did from 1986 to 1992 as a 12B/12C (dual qualified).  It looks like they kind of combined Combat Construction and Combat Bridge into one MOS.  I LOVED being a Combat Engineer, especially the explosives and the mines.  Bridge building was kind of cool too, but blowing shit up was awesome.  I wish you lots of luck in your endeavors as a Combat Engineer, and I hope you love it as much as I did!

Essayons!  (You will learn what that means, if you don't already know).  Oh yeah, don't bring any civilian stuff that you don't mind throwing away or sending home.  I threw away my Zippo, and pocket knife, and sent all but one set of civilian clothes home when I got to Ft Leonard Wood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top