Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2001 8:02:27 AM EDT
What are the odds of the Northeast Dairy Compact, which expires Sept. 30, being renewed?  I think Jeffords is going to pay for his flip-flop with the Northeast Dairy Compact.  Anyone else?

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A35885-2001Aug5.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to see his traitorous hide nailed to the barn door but I believe the Republicans
would be foolhardy try to punish Jeffords.
His constituents, like Condits and McCains, should have the final say.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Defection: bad
Revenge: good

There oughtta be a law!
No switching horses in the middle of a stream.

Try telling YOUR bosses you are going to do a different job than what they hired you to do and see how long you last.

Bogus.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully the Republicans will not ry to exact revenge on Jeffords the traitor.  Instead, they should argue to allow free enterprise to run it's course.  We all know that "price controls" don't work.  Saw an article that said we here in New England pay about .25 more per gallon of milk than the rest of the country because of the dairy compact.  PUT THE SCREWS TO JEFFORDS!
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't matter if they do so or not.  No one hear seems to understand one very simple fact...

[b]MOST of the folks in Vermont support what he did![/b]

It doesn't matter one bit whether or not the rest of the country likes, dislikes, or is indifferent about him.  The folks that matter to him are the ones that do the voting; namely, the citizens of Vermont.

And, if "revenge" is taken, he gets stronger!  If this compact isn't renewed, he doesn't hurt at all.  Instead, his constitutents hurt.

If that happens, he comes back and makes a big show about "Republicans getting revenge because I stood up... blah, blah, blah."  Now, the voters of Vermont get pissed off at the GOP and start voting independant.

Folks, give it up.  This is a lose/lose situation.  He's popular among his constitutuency and his switch did not hurt him among the majority of voters in the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top