Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:30:57 PM EDT
I have a 12 GA Remington 870 that I’ve had for a LONG time. I’ve hunted just about everything you can imagine with it in all kinds of weather, and the wood definitely looks like it has a LOT of miles on it. I just picked up a Remington Turkey conversion kit for it with a Mossy Oak camo stock & fore end and switched over the stock set. It looks real good, but I’m already missing the look and feel of the old Remington. There is just something about the feeling of worn, sweat-stained, finish-missing wood that feel comforting. I might have to change it back.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah if the wood is already worn in why change it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Suck it up, and let it ride. The new stock is better.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
heres to Rem 870s, I've had mine for 15 years, paid 125U$
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a 12 GA Remington 870 that I’ve had for a LONG time. I’ve hunted just about everything you can imagine with it in all kinds of weather, and the wood definitely looks like it has a LOT of miles on it. I just picked up a Remington Turkey conversion kit for it with a Mossy Oak camo stock & fore end and switched over the stock set. It looks real good, but I’m already missing the look and feel of the old Remington. There is just something about the feeling of worn, sweat-stained, finish-missing wood that feel comforting. I might have to change it back.

Man can not live by one 870 alone.........get another one. And keep the old one the way you had it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear what your saying,the wood has been with you and has gone through everything you did during your hunts,the synthetic has a sort of cold machinelike feel with no "emotion" . Your not the first to feel that way about  synthetic stocks , a lot of people feel the same way.
I do like synthetic for the weather resistance and the cammo options,but wood has a "feel" to it . Same difference between Kydex and leather.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man can not live by one 870 alone.........get another one. And keep the old one the way you had it.

Good advice here!

"+1000"

"Get Both"

"Just Do It!"

"Two 870's in the bush is worth more than a bird in the hand". - amputnam

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah if the wood is already worn in why change it?

More camo for turkey hunting. I swear, it seems like a turkey can see you blink at 100 yds.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm...two might be an option. I didn't think of that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hear what your saying,the wood has been with you and has gone through everything you did during your hunts,the synthetic has a sort of cold machinelike feel with no "emotion" . Your not the first to feel that way about  synthetic stocks , a lot of people feel the same way.
I do like synthetic for the weather resistance and the cammo options,but wood has a "feel" to it . Same difference between Kydex and leather.

Coondog,

You are right on the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top