BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 4:38:42 PM EDT
FOX news article on 2006 projections of things that will happen

It's short and worth your time to read.

By Radley Balko

May 06, 2004
A favorite standby of pundits and columnists is to predict what developments will transpire over the next 12 months. I've decided to take the reductio ad absurdum approach, and predict what might happen in 2006 should the most disturbing trends of the last few years with respect to liberty and personal freedom continue unabated

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
—Drug warriors will finally drop the charade, and arrest the Bill of Rights. On drug charges, of course.

I couldn't figure the one above out until I clicked on the Bold words in that paragraph and it linked to the article below. Good article, I agree, freedom is compromised as we move closer to the inevitable police state that this country will become in the name of "safety"

Bill O’Rights Arrested On Drug Charges
By News 8 WMTW

SANFORD, Maine -- Police in Sanford assisted Maine drug enforcement agents in arresting a man on drug charges.

A joint investigation led the officers to execute a search warrant at 177 Lebanon St. Thursday. They found 50 pounds. of marijuana, guns and more than $80,000 in cash.

Investigators arrested Billie Bonsall – also known as William O’Rights – who is being held at the York County Jail.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]

—Staking out new ground in egregious corporate welfare, an American city will once again build a new stadium for the millionaire owners of a professional sports team, at taxpayer expense. This time, however, the millionaire franchise owners will get a bonus $50 million from the city's taxpayers for breaking the lease on the old stadium — which the city will do for the express purpose of building the new one.

It's just not Washington DC it is also Seattle and other cities, In Washington state we voted down the new stadium 4 times and they still funded it against the will of the people.

They took money for the new monorail and then abandoned the project but are still collecting taxes on an defunct project, they steal land and on and on.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good article, I agree, freedom is compromised as we move closer to the inevitable police state that this country will become in the name of "safety"

+1
Now why is it that I refuse to support professional sports teams by not watching the games...I won't even start on my rant about semi-professional teams (also known as college teams).  

Call me paranoid, but the rise of Big Brother does seriously concern me.  My whole family thinks that I'm a few fries short of a happy meal.  That's ok, I've still got supplies set aside for them as well if the time of need does come in my lifetime.  

Speaking of supplies, and not trying to hi-jack this thread, but what do you do with all of the Mtn House food and other stockpiled supplies in regards to your will if you're single?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
[

It's just not Washington DC it is also Seattle and other cities, In Washington state we voted down the new stadium 4 times and they still funded it against the will of the people.

they did the same thing here on a smaller scale
a new courthouse/police station/city county building kept getting voted down so they broke it up into 3 contracts to keep it under the magic money level for a bond vote FUCKERS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top