Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 4:30:20 PM EDT
I have three interviews this week (first one was today). I won't be able to get my suit to the cleaners between these. I'll be on planes and in hotels the rest of the week. Picked up a few wrinkles today. Any tips on getting them out?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Hang it in the bathroom. Leave the shower on high with the water all the way on hot. Also turn on the heater in the bathroom all the way if possible. Close door and leave it for an hour.

I use this trick all the time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
if you bought it at mens wearhouse they will press it on the spot for free
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't buy it there, but that's good to know for the next suit I get.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hang it in the bathroom. Leave the shower on high with the water all the way on hot. Also turn on the heater in the bathroom all the way if possible. Close door and leave it for an hour.

Suit now in the bathroom.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Suit now in the bathroom.

Let us know how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]
They have this thing.....

It has a cord coming out the back of it.....

Damn what is it called again?
AN IRON!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1...except I only do it for about 15-20 minutes and it works fine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They have this thing.....

It has a cord coming out the back of it.....

Damn what is it called again?
AN IRON!!!!!!!!

I appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy, but damn you must think I'm a real idiot not to have thought of an iron!  I'm scared to attempt to iron a $1000+ suit with a hotel iron.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Roll it up instead of folding it, or get one of those suit bags that holds over.

Do the shower trick.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually, all you do is put the iron on steam/cotton and hold it up to the fabric as the suit is still on the hanger.  This is about 1,000,000% easier than steaming up the entire bathroom.  (That estimate is based on sound scientific data).

Next, if the wrinkle will not come out in the first manner, put a t-shirt or thin towel over the area and iron on the board or bed that way.  The iron should be set to wool first, of course.

G
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#11]
steam it with an iron

iron it with a towel in between

roll your clothes, dont fold them
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I didn't buy it there, but that's good to know for the next suit I get.

Not really, don't buy your suits there.

Roll your suits up is the best advice.

Also good is to put a sheet of plastic between layers of fabric so they don't rub.

I wouldn't suggest ironing your suit either.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Final update for those on the edge of their seats:

Shower trick worked remarkably well
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Only problem is your suit isn't entirely made of wool.  Keep doing that trick and you'll be one funky interview after a while...  

Glad it worked out, next time use the iron to steam.  

G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top