Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2001 7:32:52 AM EDT
[url]http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2001/08/05/stifgnaus02002.html?[/url]

Here is the quote from the article.

Relatives of victims blame the increase in attacks on depleted fish stocks, environmental changes and a ban on killing great white sharks. Under a 1997 federal law anybody caught killing one, even during an attack, faces fines of up to £20,000 or two years in jail.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:42:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Law or no law, if I am being attacked by anything, be it a shark or whatever, and I can get my hands on a gun, a knife, a club, or anything else, I am going to do my damndest to kill it.  Talk about taking away one's right to self defense.  How ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF! If anything, i don't give a sh!t if it is the last one left on the planet, is trying to eat one of my limbs as a snack. I'm gonna find a way to kill that bastard.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Any tree-hugging legislators we should take out for a swim?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Better to be tried by twelve than devoured by one.
View Quote

LMAO. That's just what I was thinking. Only, carried by six. Your's is better. [:D]

What do you call 4 lawyers/politicians at the bottom of the bay?
pollution.

What do you call 400 lawyers/politicians at the bottom of the bay?
a solution. [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
That might be a state law, and not federal. here in New South Wales, its frowned upon when a White Pinter is killed (I.E. fished etc.) Recently a shark took a man, and they hunted for it for days. Actually hireing commerical fishermen to do the job.

Besides if it attacks you, you are fucked, a man can't stop a running feight train if it about to hit you. These sharks are big, and death is usually instant or fast. Usually you disappear, and one thinks you just 'drowned', and your body is never recovered.

I have never heard of anyone being fined for protecting themselves from any shark. Just a few months back a guy was going for a swim, and a shark latched on to his arm (1 metre long). The guy came out of the water, and the life saver cut the head off the beast, and that night the guy had the shark for dinner. It was a White Pointer, as he would have been the dinner in that case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top