Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 3:04:06 PM EDT
They were used in an attack on a coalition convoy. I can't remember the timeframe.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, they were found to have "traces of Sarin", at least according to the oh-so-brief coverage the MSM gave it.

Which of course, still means that there were never any WMD's in Iraq, and the war is all Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe there were trace amounts left in them, meaning that they were pre-'91 Gulf War issue shells.

They've found a bunch of things like that, but you ain't going to hear about it on CBS, NBC, or ABC.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I really love how WMDs = NUKES early on and now WMDs = anything close to even being an outdoors-viable area effect weapon.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I really love how WMDs = NUKES early on and now WMDs = anything close to even being an outdoors-viable area effect weapon.

Hmm, nice misrepresentation of facts.  How's DUh these days?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A Weapon of Mass Destruction is just what it says that it is. It is a weapon that is capable of taking out a mass of people. A mass of people can be any number more than one.

What else is there to say?

Edited to add: You wouldn't be so obvious if you'd just spring for a membership.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Right, anyone who likes to poke fun at how the media hyped things is automatically from DU, regardless of their opinion on what we're doing in Iraq.

How many DUers start a business catering to RKBArs, sparky?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A Weapon of Mass Destruction is just what it says that it is. It is a weapon that is capable of taking out a mass of people. A mass of people can be any number more than one.

To that, all I can say is "no shit, sherlock", ever since he gassed the Kurds we've known he's had that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
IIRC, they were found to have "traces of Sarin", at least according to the oh-so-brief coverage the MSM gave it.

Which of course, still means that there were never any WMD's in Iraq, and the war is all Bush's fault.

The traces of Sarin were due to the shell being "binary". Sarin has a poor shelf life, so the Iraqis (and many others) use a design that mixes in flight. Since the shell was detonated on the ground, and totally not the way it was designed to go boom, the chemicals didn't mix properly. Hence why there were only traces. Most of the material never mixed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Right, anyone who likes to poke fun at how the media hyped things is automatically from DU, regardless of their opinion on what we're doing in Iraq.

It seemed like you were "poking fun" at President Bush to me.

Here, watch this and pass the link around until it truly sinks in that EVERYBODY though Saddam still had WMDs in his arsenal.

Link
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edited to add: You wouldn't be so obvious if you'd just spring for a membership.

Like napalm or fuel air bombs?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It seemed like you were "poking fun" at President Bush to me.

Here, watch this and pass the link around until it truly sinks in that EVERYBODY though Saddam still had WMDs in his arsenal.

Link

I'll poke fun at him until he stops playing 'goatse' for Vincente Fox- capiche?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Tell that to the Kurds.....oh wait....they were killed by an "outdoors-viable area effect weapon"  

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell that to the Kurds.....oh wait....they were killed by an "outdoors-viable area effect weapon"  

Yeah, Sarin and cyanide.  Just the kid stuff.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#16]
the intel/saftey briefings we got in the begining of the summer (of 04) stated that some had been used in ieds against convoys, with intel pointin to a guess that someone had dug them up somewhere thinking they were regular HE shells, and had set them up expecting them to explode.

as a result we had to lug of friggin nbc gear on every convoy for about 2 months, before our commander decided it was pointless.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
the intel/saftey briefings we got in the begining of the summer (of 04) stated that some had been used in ieds against convoys, with intel pointin to a guess that someone had dug them up somewhere thinking they were regular HE shells, and had set them up expecting them to explode.

as a result we had to lug of friggin nbc gear on every convoy for about 2 months, before our commander decided it was pointless.

Thanks for you and Spade the refresher - I thought it had something to do with an IED, but wasn't sure.

Be safe, and thanks for your service
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Produced by the Monterey Institute's Center for Nonproliferation Studies

Updated September 2005

The most widely used definition of "weapons of mass destruction" in official U.S. documents is "nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons."

WMD did not suddenly come to mean things other than nuclear.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1

Tostitos is just ing..........again.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok. Right. That assertation is hampered only by the tiny little facts that I think what we were doing in Iraq was long overdue.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ok. Right. That assertation is hampered only by the tiny little facts that I think what we were doing in Iraq was long overdue.

Well, then, you're batting .500.

You were wrong about what the early definition of WMD was, and you're right on about going into Iraq being overdue.

Keep it going and we'll see what your final score is.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Produced by the Monterey Institute's Center for Nonproliferation Studies

Updated September 2005

The most widely used definition of "weapons of mass destruction" in official U.S. documents is "nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons."

As long as I can remember WMB has refered to a NBC threat.  

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top