Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2001 7:28:52 AM EDT
My father and I are looking for land in the Southern VT area and I don't know the best way to go about it.

Someone told me to try to buy some land next to a town or State forest so no one is near you and you have a ton of land to hunt.

Should I call a realtor?  What should I look for?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
With all the gays moving up there I bet prices are thru the roof.  Make sure you register to vote, your vote does no good in Massachussetts.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
How come you know so much about where the gays are moving? [sex]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Geoff-
go across the border and get a few of the land for sale magazines from a large grocery store.
They really do list a lot of things there and they are split up regionally.

Make sure you get the land perc tested also!!! if it fails you can not build on it!

Good luck and BTW- I know that in the area where my inlaws are in VT- the gays moved out due to fear from the community backlash! True!
The new law kind of backfired!!!! (pun intended)
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of hilly, poorly drained land.  Best time to go look is in the spring after the thaw.  Any problems will be obvious.

I used to live in Chickenhook (Chippenhook) south of Rutland.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top