Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 6:28:21 PM EDT
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been   changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "DUPE!!"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

32 to say +1

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Modified from a classic and shitted up as well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
one to say IBTP
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Seen it before, but it's funny as hell and spookily accurate. Thanks for posting it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Dupe!

Of a dupe, no less!

Look it up in the Archive...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
All those posts and not one reference to Dr. Fackler's testing of lightbulbs against ballistic gelatin?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
+1

DUPE

IBTL

Use Google damnit
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
The Lightbulb of Truth.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder what kind of pie you can get with lightbulbs...

EDIT to say I like pie.

I like pie.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

EDIT to say I like pie.
I like pie.

Whoa! That's wierd. I, too, like pie.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
this place has kind of gone to hell lately in the last year or so. i still love it i have just had to learn how to seperate the wheat from the chaff. seems like 2/3 of every thread is just assholes who get 10,000 posts a year saying "dupe, +1, tag" etc. or even worse saying something completely useless just to get their .02c in.  basically if you have 20,000 posts and you arent an Avila, eric the hun, or a member from the old board youre just a post whore spamming an otherwise good site. (mods excluded of course)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Only takes one.  One member to dial a phone and call an electrician.    

Oh yeah, IBTL.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#13]
hey!  you forgot the guy who says

"w00t!!!"
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
this place has kind of gone to hell lately in the last year or so. i still love it i have just had to learn how to seperate the wheat from the chaff. seems like 2/3 of every thread is just assholes who get 10,000 posts a year saying "dupe, +1, tag" etc. or even worse saying something completely useless just to get their .02c in.  basically if you have 20,000 posts and you arent an Avila, eric the hun, or a member from the old board youre just a post whore spamming an otherwise good site. (mods excluded of course)

Ipse dixit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The Lightbulb of Truth.

It's the Lightbulb O' Truth.

You don't want to piss off O_P, now.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EDIT to say I like pie.
I like pie.

Please take it to a pie forum.

82nd,
We need a pie forum dammit!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#18]
No trolls?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Sweet, im on my way to being a post whore.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Seen it before, but it's funny as hell and spookily accurate. Thanks for posting it.

That would be my sentiment.

GM
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#21]
what no Lightbulb of truth.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
what no Lightbulb of truth.

that's tomorrow...big bore has to go buy a lightbulb, a bucket of sand and a loaf of bread......once that's set up, the light bulb o' truth will appear
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Why was I not informed of this....pie forum???

I hereby volunteer to "not" moderate this forum.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Screw it in the Socket and Post Pics?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Bump, no seriously this was linked to from another thread,.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EDIT to say I like pie.
I like pie.

Wow what happened to the Pie place,remember when the guy that started the forum left for a while and we all logged in with Pie names and such!!!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top