Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 2:45:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]

A lot of politicians just shit their pants.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
  This will rock.......
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

and pages and people all the way up and down the spectrum I'd bet.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I can hear the paper shredders all the way here in Michigan!

BD
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I can hear the paper shredders all the way here in Michigan!

BD

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

from BOTH parties

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Gonna be a hot time in the old town this evening
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe… But part of that indictment was getting a Congressman to put something in the Congressional record. That is just silly and how would you prove it was illegal.

I got a suspicion that no Congressman will go to jail. This may cost them an election but from the stuff in that indictment if that is all that is there if pursued against a Congressman without something independent of what Abramoff says just may not get a conviction.

Eiither way they are sweating now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Maybe… But part of that indictment was getting a Congressman to put something in the Congressional record. That is just silly and how would you prove it was illegal.

I got a suspicion that no Congressman will go to jail. This may cost them an election but from the stuff in that indictment if that is all that is there if pursued against a Congressman without something independent of what Abramoff says just may not get a conviction.

just like the check scandal a few years back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea...

Unfortunately most of the conduct in question by Congressmen is perfectly legal…

While taking trips and campaign contribution from lobbyist may not be right it is not illegal if reported. It is going to be virtually impossible to get convictions against Congressman that will hold up if they took legal trips and campaign contribution in exchange for favor. Without other confirmation (for example tape recordings) it becomes a he said-he said case that is not enough to get a conviction that will hold up.

Sadly weather something is right and weather it is illegal are not the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea...

Unfortunately most of the conduct in question by Congressmen is perfectly legal…

While taking trips and campaign contribution from lobbyist may not be right it is not illegal if reported. It is going to be virtually impossible to get convictions against Congressman that will hold up if they took legal trips and campaign contribution in exchange for favor. Without other confirmation (for example tape recordings) it becomes a he said-he said case that is not enough to get a conviction that will hold up.

Sadly weather something is right and weather it is illegal are not the same thing.

I'd like to think Abramoff would be smart enough to have kept something to cover his own ass.

just never know though. he did get caught LOL
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

from BOTH parties

but we will only hear about the evil republicans involved.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

from BOTH parties

Since both parties are likely involved, most of this will be swept under the rug.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

from BOTH parties

Since both parties are likely involved, most of this will be swept under the rug.

Major Strasser has been shot. Round up the usual suspects.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top