Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 2:24:43 PM EDT
I just got WoW last weekend. I first started with a mage, but became frustrated at the lack of solo ability and gave up around level 6. I was also disappointed by the mage talents and lack of different spells.

Then I started a dwarf hunter. I thought this was much more fun, getting to use guns, pets, and even room for a little melee. I'm up to level 11 now on a crowded server. However, I was recently advised in another thread that hunters were not a good class to play, because it is the most popular and it is hard to get into groups as a hunter.

So now I am thinking of starting over on one of the new realms, Alexstrasza I think. It is a PvE server that is brand new, less then 1000 players on it so far according to the census. Even though it is a central server and I'm on the east coast, I think it will be more fun to play where not 90% of the population are already maxed out level 60'ers. That is unless I have a hard time levelling because of all the new people cramming into the newbie quests...

So I think I will start a new character in this realm. But what class should I chose? I'm having a hard time deciding, and only have enough free time to play one character really. I usually like to play mages or ranged characters, however I was disappointed with the mage and the hunter is too ubiquitous. I don't like to play plain-ole-warriors because they get rather boring and are too equipment dependant. So what about warlocks or paladins? Both of these classes seem to be less common. How well do they play? Help me decide!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
i will use my boots of escape to flee this thread...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
huh

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i will use my boots of escape to flee this thread...

hey you were warned
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
What grade are you in?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What grade are you in?

19th.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]

I've been playing for about 8 or so months now on the Eonar server.  Started off with an Undead Rogue which I've leveled up to 60.  Rogues are a great class to solo with.  I very rarely do any group work though other than the occasional group with guild members.

Second character was an Orc Hunter who is now lvl 45.  Also, somewhat easy to solo with but I've heard the same thing about hunters.  Everyone plays one and they are hard to get into groups with in the end-game.

Third character is an Undead Warlock.  Also easy to solo with due to his pets and with soulstones you're able to self-rez once per 30 minutes.  Offensive spells are good to being able to lay on a DoT curse as well as a destruction DoT.  (DoT FTW!)  They don't seem as common so I think warlocks probably get a lot of invites at end-game.  Also good for PvP raids.  Sneak 3 warlocks near an opposing faction town and start summoning in other players.

If you go horde though, I'd recommend checking out the Shaman class.  They've got TOTEMS!  And FROST-SHOCK!  www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=Yhm1ClW5uAY&search=world%20of%20warcraft

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DAMN YOU!

your thread of ulitmate power has defeated my +5 lock button!

roll a d20 and pray Aimless misses with the "BAN OF DEATH" spell.

The nerdness is strong in this thread.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
honestly the best class to play is warrior hehe

gearflation is huge in that game and they get the most bang for the buck.

If you like ranged and a pet, I'd go with warlock.  Spec demonology for the win.

If you like survivablity with decent melee (downright awesome with decent weapons) then go Pally, but levelling a pally sucks.

You limited yourself to alliance, but for fun levelling and decent pvp and decent desirability in raids you could go horde and play a shaman.

play on a pvp server or you will be very bored at 60
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I get down on myself about my gaming habits.

But whenever I hear about peoples WOW adventures, I feel like there's hope for me yet.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DAMN YOU!

Geeks who run with the wolves... Learn it, Live it, Love it

aren't you a friggin professor?  Your a geek by default ;p

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
DAMN YOU!

Geeks who run with the wolves... Learn it, Live it, Love it

aren't you a friggin professor?  Your a geek by default ;p

haha  You must have missed his which animated teenager is hotter thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top