Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 1:44:29 PM EDT
So I got the flu at the end of last week and have had naussea and vomiting for the past two days.  Every hour to and hour and a half.  Who's got a home remedy to reduce it, stop it.  Can't keep anything down.  I've tried sprite, pedialite, gatorade, ice chips to stay hydrated but it keeps coming back up.  

HELP
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a new product by a company called Tubgirl that helps to cure vomiting. Do a google search on it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I usually put down the bottle of whiskey. In your case Tubgirl is the only solution.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There's a new product by a company called Tubgirl that helps to cure vomiting. Do a google search on it.

Yep. Their product worked for me.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell Ya!!! Another "Hivemind" thread.

Though I have no idea why you would think a "Hivemind" could come up with something that has baffled pharmecutical companies for centuries.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You're going to hell for that.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Atavan..
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Some Tylenol-type medicine will get rid of the body-aches and make you feel better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're going to hell for that.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#9]
"Hivemind"

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Cure for nausea/vomiting?

Stop watching The View.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to the drug store and buy a bottle of Ematrol.  It works great.

you're welcome.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#12]
If you don't have access to IVs, saline enema every 2 hours.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Try 1/4 tsp (that's teaspoon) of ground ginger in 8 oz hot water. You probably need to keep hydrated anyway. Didn't have the flu when I tried it, but it worked for me. Of course if you're hurling anything you even think of ingesting it might not work.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Just hit the doc up and say.

Look I'm sick of throwing up, give me some phenergen, the kind that you rub on your wrists.

Then feel better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I just cant believe the stuff that is suggested here.   Kind of scary.

If you are that sick you should go to your doctor or urgent care center and let them get you some medication.   Hydration is key, lots of fluids.  Powerade and stuff like that will some.   Popcicles.  Bland food. Ginger will work and you can get it from OTC stores.

Why would you take a bennie like Ativan for N/V?  

Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Dr. Schulze's Digestive Formula. We use it for sea sickness, nausea, and vomiting. It's all natural too. 1-800-HERBDOC.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#17]
phenergran
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
raw ginger
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If you are that sick you should go to your doctor or urgent care center and let them get you some medication.   Hydration is key, lots of fluids.  Powerade and stuff like that will some.   Popcicles.  Bland food. Ginger will work and you can get it from OTC stores.

Unbelievable.

No whats is worse is some one asking for cures on the internet.. Well just drink a pint of gas and you will be ok... DUH. Go see a MD..
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Raw ginger, ginger tea or ginger pills.
If that dosen't work Impecac syrup
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Marijuana?

(OK, OK, OK...I said the same thing when suspects told me that it was for "medicinal purposes only"
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#22]
How does Ginger help with nausea? Not trying to knock anyones suggestions, I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#23]
2 tsp of ipecac with a glass of water usually does the trick
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
How does Ginger help with nausea? Not trying to knock anyones suggestions, I'm just curious.

not sure how it works but it does, good for seasickness too.
The wife says if you're puking for more than 24 hours got to the ER
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#25]
OTC?
Emmetrol as OP suggested.

Rx?
Phenergan
Compazine
Zofran

I agree with ARDOC. Some of the shit people give(and Take) for advice is here is about unbelievable. Seems the more outlandish and ridiculous the more it is accepted by some of you. Why not just do tabasco enemas? I hear they cure most everything

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Seriously, Cola Syrup has worked for everybody in my family besides me (because I didn't bother trying it last time I got vomiting-sick).
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unbelievable.

No whats is worse is some one asking for cures on the internet.. Well just drink a pint of gas and you will be ok... DUH. Go see a MD..

I'm looking forward to the thread entitled:

"Hivemind: My kitchen is on fire,what's the number to 911 ?"

or

"Hivemind: Cut my arm off with a table saw,need advice on self healing"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top