Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 1:05:44 PM EDT
Okay, I have two questions.  Can anyone recommend a good gunsafe for around 1500, give or take?  I would like a modular interior maybe a 12/24 (need room to grow), and would prefer a digital lock to a standard dial and handle setup.  Also need room for a few pistols, maybe on the inside of the door, as I would like to store them out of the hard cases, boxes of ammo and other miscellaneous valuables.  Alright, second question.  My office/computer room seems to be the most likely candidate to receive this new safe.  However, my office is the room above my garage.  Space is not an issue, but getting it up the stairs is, as well as my concern about having 800+ pounds of safe and firearms on a relatively small footprint upstairs.  Am I being overly paranoid or do I have a legitimate concern here?  

Any suggestions/advice y'all can give is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well as for the weight thing. Take however much you weigh and divide by say 66square inches to get your lbs/inch from just walking around. then do the same for your safe. I'll wager you put more pressure on your floor than the safe would.

ETA:

I'm using 11"by 3" for 1 foot surface area, its prolly an over estimate.  16square inches per foot might be better due to the overall foot shape so try like 32" or something.

Bottom line is that I would worry about the weight, those safes have a fairly large surface area. If you are really worried call the company.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a Cannon safe with e-lock. Can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Zanotti Arms.  They make a modular safe that comes in parts.  Carry it up your stars and put it together.  The heavies part is the door, around 200 lb.  Safe is about 900 put together.

http://www.zanottiarmor.com/brochure.html

Good Luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top