Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2001 3:48:21 AM EDT
Life without the tv & internet.  Since I've started grad school I've quit my job.  Money is tighter than usual.  To save money my wife & I have decided to cancel the satellite & internet service along with the cell phone.  Lost tv yesterday while watching Air Power on the History Channel [:(!].  Will probably lose internet service around 8am when they see my e-mail asking for immediate cancelation of my internet service.

On a positive not, we're getting the "refund" check this week and after using it to pay for some new contacts for the wife, I can use it on whatever I want!!  I'm thinking about a can (suppressor) [b]FOR[/b] my K2/Rem. 700 VS.  I've actually got a thread about it & would appreciate any info you all would like to share.  

I'll post from campus once school starts on the 15th, or maybe from the public library  a little sooner.  Oh well, if was fun while it lasted.  BTW, anyone have a good solution for withdrawal? [whacko]

Edited cause I still can't spell woth a dam!
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I am sure through either your school or public library you will have internet access.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Pray that they don't block those 'evil' gun web sites.

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pray that they don't block those 'evil' gun web sites.

View Quote

Dont' laugh, my employer blocks the Smith & Wesson website. They haven't figured the AR15.com out yet but I suppose they will.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Find a free internet service (Netzero or something)!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#6]
forget about buying another rifle right now. put the money in a rainy day envelope & pray you never have to use it.just think of the new cool guns that might be on the market when your money matters are normal again[:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
forget about buying another rifle right now. put the money in a rainy day envelope & pray you never have to use it.just think of the new cool guns that might be on the market when your money matters are normal again[:D]
View Quote

That is very good advice, but also takes a ton of self discipline!  I am currently working out the details of building a new house, and it is killing me to have to put money back for that instead of buying another rifle.  My current dilemma consists of having a well drilled vs. Serbu 50 bmg.  This sucks.....:^(

I wish you the best mtnpatriot.  You will be set, once you finish up wif yer skoolin'.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Cope got an idea for ya.  Wait and buy the house.  Then get a morgage on it and/or second morgage(dont recomend that) and then buy the gun.  You can get both
[sniper]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cope got an idea for ya.  Wait and buy the house.  Then get a morgage on it and/or second morgage(dont recomend that) and then buy the gun.  You can get both
[sniper]
View Quote

So...what you are saying is to borrow a few grand over what I actually need to build the house, and then use that for the rifle?  That kinda defeats the purpose of drilling the well out of pocket up front and not including it in the mortgage though.  My land is paid for, so I don't see any reason why I can't just borrow enough to go for a Windrunner while I'm at it. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry guys but what I meant to write is I'm thinking about buying a can [b]FOR[/b] my K2/700VS.  There is a deal on a suppressor NIW for $200 + $200 atf tax.  I already have the K2 & 700VS.  

As for money disipline, I've got that covered; I'm as tight as a...well...lets just say I'm tight with a buck.  Were just getting rid of the "extras" until I graduate & hopefully get a job in Dec.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

....if they're still legal by then? [:(]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Find a free internet service (Netzero or something)!!!!
View Quote

Hey mtnpatriot, get Netzero. You can get 40 hours/month free. I have a "banner zapper" that makes it go away. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I am there with you. Got rid of the cable modem went with dial up. Drop 2 packages on my sat tv, but could not bear getting rid of it. After having cable modem for so long, dial up sucks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]
your school, at the very least should have a public computer lab with net access, or it might offer free dial up access. My school has free dial up, it's reliable too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top