Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 8:57:41 AM EDT
Why do some of you immedately delete the topic and content of your thread when someone cries dupe. The only thing that this does is trigger my curiousity instict to the point where I absolutely must know what story was in the topic.

Therefore, I command you all to immedately stop deleting the content of your post and title of your thread when someone cries dupe. You also may not edit the thread in any way (such as to replace the content or title with the word dupe). We have moderators on this board, let them do their job and lock the duped threads on their own.

So it is written, so it shall be done.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#1]
dupe.

what? somebody had to say it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree--disapperaing posts and especially threads are just more confusing.

On another forum I visit you are allowed to edit or delete your posts--and if the thread starter deletes their first post, the whole thread gets deleted. And for every thread that disappears, there's about three new threads started asking where it went.

I dunno how hard-presseed this place is for mods, but overall it's better off to just add a post that says "dupe" and then lock duplicate threads.
~
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I suggest we consult the hive-mind on this issue.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Great.  Now there will be 20 or 30 empty topics just because of your post.

It's br**d and ma*p*t all over again.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top