Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:59:14 AM EDT
You know the ones I'm talking about - unintelligent, untalented, unfunny disk jockeys paired up, often with a news, traffic, or weather guy that go on and on about stupid crap for 4 hours in the morning.

The worst part is when they spend all their time laughing hysterically at some stupid joke that either their partner or they themselves said. Yes, I want to listen to you do nothing but laugh for two minutes. It makes great radio.

And it doesn't matter what format - rock, classic rock, top 40, country, etc - it's the same damn crap - just that some teams are more tired than others because of the target audience.

And all of them are this way. Sure, you may think they're amusing now, but in a year they'll be doing the same exact, lame thing and it will start to annoy you a little. Then another year passes and you realize they're idiots, but it's something to listen to in the morning. Then one day you wake up and realize they're just not that funny anymore.

Then you switch over to AM talk radio.

I really need to get XM. Why can't music stations just play music in the mornings?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sick of the flock of cackaling morons
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
David Cross does a nice bit on them in his stand-up special entitled "Shut up you fucking Baby"

BTW: WTF is a monring? nevermind, you caught it in time
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I just sing to myself in the morning...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#4]
All I want to hear from my radio is music and the occational traffic/news report.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't listen to commercial radio anymore. I can't stand the inane drival and constant commercials. I have a 10 disk changer in the trunk that plays MP3 files so I usually have 2000+ songs to listen to at any one time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I get your drift.  

All of them are this way.  Doesn't anyone else get tired of listening to these fools go on and on about as you say, lame shit.  Do I really care about some celebrity who is really brainless and does stupid shit?  Hell no.  The thing that really gripes me is how they peddle these stupid TV shows.  I guess someone in Media land figured out if these morning radio guys talk about some lame TV show that was on the night before, that people will tune it to it and watch it so they can be "in" on what happened on the show.  
I do my best not to watch television, and I found a station that I can tolerate that doesn't have a morning radio "show".  All they play in the morning is music and commercials.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#7]
No, I change the station if teh hosts suck balls.

You don't?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just sing to myself in the morning...

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You know the ones I'm talking about - unintelligent, untalented, unfunny disk jockeys...

The worst part is when they spend all their time laughing hysterically at some stupid joke that either their partner or they themselves said. Yes, I want to listen to you do nothing but laugh for two minutes. It makes great radio....

That would be Bob & Brian in Milwaukee - how/why they get broadcast over the entire state is a sad mystery.

They like to make fun of other DJ teams and their "Morning Zoo" format - but that's exactly what they are.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd just glad Stern is gone..
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Music and traffic updates is all I want.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You don't?

Sorry troll, I can't. As I said, they're all like that. No one just plays music in the mornings.

One radio station tried, but they quickly switched to a syndicated radio team (bob and tom) that are just as bad as everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree...  STFU and play music.

If not I play a CD until I get sick of it

ETA... What is even worse, is it seems they all run commercials at similar times... that annoys me the most
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#14]
My morning commute is around five minutes.  My engine barely gets warm and I have little time to grow tired of anyone's antics.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Yep, news and music, that's all I want.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You know the ones I'm talking about - unintelligent, untalented, unfunny disk jockeys...

The worst part is when they spend all their time laughing hysterically at some stupid joke that either their partner or they themselves said. Yes, I want to listen to you do nothing but laugh for two minutes. It makes great radio....

That would be Bob & Brian in Milwaukee - how/why they get broadcast over the entire state is a sad mystery.

They like to make fun of other DJ teams and their "Morning Zoo" format - but that's exactly what they are.

Hey, you got it!

The sad part is that they probably could do more. Like you said, they try to spook the 'morning zoo' format, but they end up mimicing it instead.  So instead of being clever, it just ends up being lame.

Sad part is that lameness seems to be the big sellign point in local radio.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I just listen to my CDs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You know the ones I'm talking about - unintelligent, untalented, unfunny disk jockeys paired up, often with a news, traffic, or weather guy that go on and on about stupid crap for 4 hours in the morning.

I know what you're talking about.

They seem to treat the listener as an uninvited guest to their private conversations.  They're generally not funny and not interesting.

I've switched to Bill Bennet's "Morning in America" on the local conservative talk station.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't?

Sorry troll, I can't. As I said, they're all like that. No one just plays music in the mornings.

One radio station tried, but they quickly switched to a syndicated radio team (bob and tom) that are just as bad as everyone else.

Listen to news then......foggey
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Try Jack FM if it is in your area.

NO DJ's, weather, time or traffic.  

Just music, station promo, and commercials.

Jack
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't?

Listen to news then......foggey

Have all your 208 posts in the past month been as insightful as that one?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Jack

I've been hoping that a jack fm station would show up - but no such luck.

If they ever come out with a portable XM radio that is also an MP3 player, I'm there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#24]

I like talk radio or music.  I hate Bob and Tom and most other morning teams.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#25]
You can thank Clear Channel for all that moronic talk. Doesn't matter where I go on business, I can always find a station doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#26]
"Talk-show" FM is an asshat project that has run its course and needs to end, now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm kinda sick of Chuck Norris posts and poll picks.

Just doing my part to kill it faster via overuse...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#29]
yuck monkeys they make me wanna
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The thing that really gripes me is how they peddle these stupid TV shows.  I guess someone in Media land figured out if these morning radio guys talk about some lame TV show that was on the night before, that people will tune it to it and watch it so they can be "in" on what happened on the show.  
I do my best not to watch television, and I found a station that I can tolerate that doesn't have a morning radio "show".  All they play in the morning is music and commercials.  

Those are actually stupid ass paid advertisements (usually NBC I think). The first time I heard one I was like WTF? This is the stupidist idea I've ever heard of. A group of people in a commercial acting lke they are interested in and discussing the stupid shit they show on TV.

I don't watch TV. Thanks...

How is Adam Corolla's show? I have only tuned in today, and I only have a 20 minute drive in the morning. This morning didn't seem terribly entertaining. I hated Howard Stern with a passion.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#31]
I drive a Jeep, so I leave the radio off so I can hear when shit breaks or falls off.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I like Bob and Tom. I know they tend to do the cackling odiot time to time. For me it's just a way to hear a person's voice (especially Kristi Lee's) after a long very quite night (currently working third shift) with very little interation talking to people. But they have some funny crap pretty often.

Stern used to be good before he turned into Retard-R-Us.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

No, how many I help you?

I can't change the stations programming, I can't make them play more music.  I suggested you change the channel and you didn't like that idea.

In what other way may I help you today?  If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you relieve the tramatic ordeal of your morning communte PLEASE let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

Have you tried listening to CDs?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Sick of the flock of cackaling morons

Makes me so damn mad I could hi-jack one of them big ole dumpster trucks!!!

Then drive the thing over to the radio station where all them idiots are yakin and a jaw jackin and haul off the trash baby.

Thing is, when I get over to the landfill and jetison them rachet jawed wanna-bes into the hole I'll bet there still talkin shit about why ellen has the damn herpes or why opra's ass is swellin up again!!!

Oh man!!!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#35]
They should just shut up and play music.  If I were king, I would cut out all their tongues.  

I have a really long commute, and find myself switching to the muzak station.  It is the only one that doesn't have a band of idiots, just music and traffic.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, how many I help you?

I can't change the stations programming, I can't make them play more music.  I suggested you change the channel and you didn't like that idea.

In what other way may I help you today?  If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you relieve the tramatic ordeal of your morning communte PLEASE let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

Have you tried listening to CDs?

Believe it or not, trollboy, this thread isn't about you or your advice. It's about people who are sick of the idiots on morning FM radio.

Now go back to DU or wherever it is that people give a crap about what you think.

If such a place exists.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't really have a commute, but on long drives to jobs, I've started taking Rush's podcasts with me. Beats the hell out of regular FM talk, not to mention those areas where you're lucky to be able to find one or two crappy AM stations.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Hell Yes!!!!

I would like all the so-called comedy and inane banter to stop, have the (psuedo) deejays STFU and play some damn music!!  Not the same 3 songs from the same 10 bands that have flooded the "classic" rock stations for the past 20 years - but some album cuts, and new stuff from some great bands that deserve better treatment than the "kiddie" radio industry shows them.

Play new stuff from Rush, Nugent, Cooper, Trick, Deep Purple, etc.

Quit playing the same shitty songs from Springsteen, BTO, Boston, Cars, what-the-fuk-ever band the corporate dik-head likes.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Jack

That's not my cup of tea either.  They killed one of the two oldies/classic rock stations in Chicago for that shit.  I want a dedicated format.  

As far as the morning shows, some are good and some are bad.  I think in my experience a lot of it is almost all talk and commercials and very little music.

When I get my own car I'm getting a CD player with an USB keychain dock. I can put my MP3's on the keychain.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I don't listen to commercial radio anymore. I can't stand the inane drival and constant commercials. I have a 10 disk changer in the trunk that plays MP3 files so I usually have 2000+ songs to listen to at any one time.

+1.

The radio stations in Miami:

Rap
Latin
Rap
Latin
Rap
Latin
Rap
Rap
Latin
Latin

(The Rap stations don't play commercials btw )

Oldies Oldie
Christian (one)
Hard rock (one)

and ..... thats it
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Run, do not walk, to your nearest electronics store and get an XM radio receiver.

No shit, it will change your life.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

Rap
Latin
Rap
Latin
Rap
Latin
Rap
Rap
Latin
Latin

Oldies Oldie
Christian (one)
Hard rock (one)

and ..... thats it

Is Neil (Neil God) Rogers still on the air down there?  What about the two other clowns that were on in am, but switched to afternoons on WIOD? (Sorry, can't remember their names)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Did you listen to the David Lee Roth show this morning? He REALLY sucks. I'll be buying a Sirius satellite radio this week for sure.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

Rap
Latin
Rap
Latin
Rap
Latin
Rap
Rap
Latin
Latin

Oldies Oldie
Christian (one)
Hard rock (one)

and ..... thats it

Is Neil (Neil God) Rogers still on the air down there?  What about the two other clowns that were on in am, but switched to afternoons on WIOD? (Sorry, can't remember their names)

I have no clue, its basically CD's for me
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you listen to the David Lee Roth show this morning? He REALLY sucks. I'll be buying a Sirius satellite radio this week for sure.

I hate pretty much all talk radio.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Jack FM is a godsend.
Almost every station in Chgo has reverted to Morning Zoo style formats after a few experimented with no DJ's, etc.

Worst of all, however is that Johnathon Brandmier (Johnny B) has returned to WLUP in Chgo after 20 years.
His act is identical to when he was THE jock in the mid-80's. His schtick is to get goofy callers on the air, let them tell long, boring stories, then laugh like a moron and say "that's crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy", over and over and over........

ckmorley

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Mmmmmmm I-POD
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Most radios have an off button, y'all should try it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Jack FM is a godsend.
Almost every station in Chgo has reverted to Morning Zoo style formats after a few experimented with no DJ's, etc.

Worst of all, however is that Johnathon Brandmier (Johnny B) has returned to WLUP in Chgo after 20 years.
His act is identical to when he was THE jock in the mid-80's. His schtick is to get goofy callers on the air, let them tell long, boring stories, then laugh like a moron and say "that's crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy", over and over and over........

ckmorley

Hmmm...never seen that.  I heard of some dude named Robert Murphy or something like that that was on Q101 in the late 80's/early '90's that he would have callers call in on cordless phones and the callers would destruct the cordless phones on the air
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Most radios have an off button, y'all should try it.

Right osprey, but what the hell are we going to listen to on our commutes?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top