Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 3:49:54 AM EDT
Yeah, its a gas guzzeling SUV, but aside from that and looking at the money involved, let me know what you think of this deal:

New Vehicle: 06 Durango Adventurer 4X4 Hemi with cloth seats - MSRP $37895, Invoice - $34895
Traded Vehicle: 00 Dodge Laramie SLT Quad cab 111500 miles - $12400, Actual Trade $9200
Out the door with extended 75K 6year warranty, and after rebates/haggling - $24400
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:55:35 AM EDT
[#1]
except for buying a dodge, looks ok

TXL
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:56:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

TXL

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey..
Its gotta hemi...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:27:04 AM EDT
[#4]

I have an 05' Durango that I bought with 18k miles on it.  Great vehicle so far.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:35:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I dream of a new Power wagon, 6 speed MANUAL tranny with CTD. Oh what a truck it will be!
Somone here bought a Power wagon (gasoline) but I've not heard much from them since.
Range report would be nice! With LOTS of pics!

ETA: Mopar can't make an auto tranny to save thier lives, but otherwise I like thier trucks.
Don't let the tranny overheat in that Durango and all should be ok. I'd install a large tranny cooler first thing.
ETA a pic of my only Mopar. Its a 1977 M880. I've puncured both the gas tank and oil pan on rocks, but thats not really a failure, except in my driving abilities.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:40:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

TXL

Dodge has been kicking some butt lately in both performance and quality.  Ford and GM are both borderline on bankruptcy and Ford just had another huge recall.

My 2000 Dodge Dakota recently crossed over 100,000 miles and is still going strong.  That's amazing considering I drive vehicles like I stole them.  I've also hit a semi tire on the road, a deer, a Jeep Cheroke, and just recently backed into a pole.  The truck has minimal damage at best, none of which is bad enough that I've bothered to fix it.  At this point I would buy another Dodge.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:41:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TXL

Dodge has been kicking some butt lately in both performance and quality.  Ford and GM are both borderline on bankruptcy and Ford just had another huge recall.

My 2000 Dodge Dakota recently crossed over 100,000 miles and is still going strong.  That's amazing considering I drive vehicles like I stole them.  I've also hit a semi tire on the road, a deer, a Jeep Cheroke, and just recently backed into a pole.  The truck has minimal damage at best, none of which is bad enough that I've bothered to fix it.  At this point I would buy another Dodge.

+1

Dodge > All
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#8]
All Mopar here too, takin delivery of the wifes new Commander on Thursday!!
I have a 03 1500 QC with the 5.9 and love it. 60,000 miles and not a hiccup!!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:19:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm the wrong guy to ask.

My brother's 2004 Durango blew up at 110k, whole motor is shot, sludge build up in the motor seized the whole thing, had to be totally rebuilt. And it was maintained well. I guess this is common on the V8's. My neighbor's 2002 (or thereabouts) full size Dodge truck has a bad tranny, and it's been in the shop for major work 4 or 5 times. Brother in law had a new Intrepid, it made it to 70,000 before engine gave it up.

My opinion of Dodge is pretty weak, and it didn't start out good.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#10]
ITS A DODGE, BUT ITS GOT A HEMI, THAT MAKES IT A LITTLE BETTER, SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL MY FRIEND
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I have you beat:

2006 Mazda 3i Touring  $ 15300.00

35 mpg Highway, I'll save more in gas in a year than you'll spend on gas in a month, that's a whole lotta money.

I think you're a sucker and they saw you coming. Who the hell buys a gas guzzling vehicle at $2.00+ a gallon.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Everyone I know that owns a DOdge Dingo has spent a lot of time in the shop. I hope yours is the exception. maybe the newer ones are better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have you beat:

2006 Mazda 3i Touring  $ 15300.00

35 mpg Highway, I'll save more in gas in a year than you'll spend on gas in a month, that's a whole lotta money.

I think you're a sucker and they saw you coming. Who the hell buys a gas guzzling vehicle at $2.00+ a gallon.

Not to hijack but I personally feel that SUV's are better than small cars.  Yes, my parents bought a Chevy TrailBlazer in July when it was still $2+ a gallon.  

And BTW it's only a "semi" Hemi dontcha know?

Did you get in on the "free gas for 2 years" or is that only in Chicago? It might be only in Chicago.  and +2 to what TXL said.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:50:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Good Luck with it. i gave up on Dodge's.
Now drive a toyota.
TS
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:52:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yeah, its a gas guzzeling SUV, but aside from that and looking at the money involved, let me know what you think of this deal:

New Vehicle: 06 Durango Adventurer 4X4 Hemi with cloth seats - MSRP $37895, Invoice - $34895
Traded Vehicle: 00 Dodge Laramie SLT Quad cab 111500 miles - $12400, Actual Trade $9200
Out the door with extended 75K 6year warranty, and after rebates/haggling - $24400

Cash or 8-year loan?

ETA: Telling that no mention is ever made of how people pay for stuff.  Hey, there's always instant credit!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm the wrong guy to ask.

My brother's 2004 Durango blew up at 110k, whole motor is shot, sludge build up in the motor seized the whole thing, had to be totally rebuilt. And it was maintained well. I guess this is common on the V8's. My neighbor's 2002 (or thereabouts) full size Dodge truck has a bad tranny, and it's been in the shop for major work 4 or 5 times. Brother in law had a new Intrepid, it made it to 70,000 before engine gave it up.

My opinion of Dodge is pretty weak, and it didn't start out good.

Did your brother use mtor oils of the appropriate weight?  You would be surprised how light of a weight new DCX engines require.

Did your neighbor never flush/refill the ATF?  If he did, any any chance he used Dexron?  Dexron has an additive package incmpatible with Chrysler transmissions.

How exactly did the Intrepid's engine "give up"?  Did not start?  Power dropped to almost nothing?  Smokes?  Blew a piston through the block?  How  much did it cost to fix?

I have an 01 Dakota QC V8 (4.7) 4X4.  It has 101,500 miles on it.  It has had two minor defects, one of which was taken care of in warranty.  The rest of the expenses have been fuel and routine maintenance.  I'm still waiting for one of those catastrophic failures everyone else seems to get with a Dodge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top